The thoughts of a saddened girl who's realizing that this...is growing up

Wow, it's really funny how you can know someone for so long, then when you finally hang out again, it's as if you don't know each other. I'm here at a friends house for his birthday, he's not the one I'm chatting about. I'm more like venting about how I seem to be out of the loop with this group I'm with. It's a mixed group here, the kids in my grade I'm still in the loop with, however anyone that left the high school I honestly don't feel like I belong here much. I guess it's just me, but I can see that there's a rift between us and I'm sorrowed by it. The kid who's house I'm at currently, I've known him since I was 2. We've been best friends for so long yet recently...we hardly talk. This is the first time we've really spoken since December. The real reason I'm writing, is because I am so left out of what my friends think. My two closest friends are here, one playing Little Big Planet, and the other is talking with a friend of mine. Yet, the one talking, isn't really chatting much with me.

Today when they picked me up to head to, let's call him C, well to C's house, there was a silence in the car. It wasn't uncomfortable, it wasn't awkward, it just was a silence. This silence wasn't there in the past, but there is now. It saddens me and I really wish I could fix this...but I guess this is growing up...
February 21st, 2009 at 04:27am