Fall Out Boy Concert

Okay, so this journal is all about my night last night at the Fall Out Boy concert. A lot happened, so I’m going to try and cram everything in without making it extensively long.

So my Dad took me and two of my friends to go see them. Upon arriving there and walking past all the people outside, there were two girls that we walked past that were all “Oh my God! She’s wearing a JAGK shirt!” and that’s big cause it’s rare in Australia to see someone wearing one, which is why I like to have it.

We bought merch: Red Hey Monday hoodie, Hey Monday wristband and Black Fall Out Boy t-shirt.

We then proceeded to go into Acer Arena. The mosh pit was massive, since instead of two floors they had one big one, and I’m glad that we had seating, because our seats were absolutely amazing.

Hey Monday came on first. We were the only ones on our side standing up and dancing around (much to the annoyance of others around us) and Cassadee (lead singer) pointed at us, which completely made my day. That girl has so much energy on stage it’s just amazing. During one of their songs, Pete Wentz came on to sing along, but when he grabbed the microphone it caused the stand to fall over so he ended up having to untangle the microphone chord before he could actually use it.

All American Rejects came on next. Didn’t know much of their stuff, but it was fun to dance to and Gives You Hell was really fun since the whole crowd joined in.

Then Fall Out Boy came on, and it was absolutely amazing. They had fire on the stage, which was really cool. They played heaps of my favourites, and it was much funner when they played older songs from Take This To Your Grave and from From Under The Cork Tree, because only about half of the crowd new it, and it was fun to sing along to.

They did a cover of American Boys and there was lots of crazy stage acrobatics from Joe and Pete.

Pete told us the story of how he got the lyric ‘detox just to retox’ which included Gabe Saporta. Patrick told us the story of using orange air freshener during the recording of Take This To You Grave as deodorant, which just ended up burning his and Pete’s armpits (and it was really amazing to see Patrick talking since he didn't talk nearly as much at the last concert they did here in 2007). And Pete also made a special mention to the Victoria bushfire victims, which made me tear up, because it was just really sweet.

I jumped around and danced and had fun singing Pete’s screamo parts through the whole thing. It was absolutely amazing. At the end, they had a wall of sparks come down from the ceiling, and it was really pretty.

We got in the car, and it was 11:11 so we all made a wish, and we were all thirsty so we stopped to get Coca Cola from McDonalds on the way back.

It was definitely one of the best nights of my life. Especially when you see your heroes standing less than 50 metres away from you, it was just purely amazing.
February 22nd, 2009 at 05:51am