The greatest gift you can give to someone is T-I-M-E

When life on earth is ending, people don't surround themselves with objects. What we want around us is people--people we love and have relationships with. In our final moments we all realize that love is what life is all about. Don't wait until you're on your deathbed to figure out that nothing matters more. The importance of things can be measured by how much time we are willing to invest in them.

You may think you have tomorrow to make time for that person, but you're wrong. What will they think if you're just leaving them alone all the time? The more time you give to something, the more you reveal its importance and value to you. You can make more money, but you can't make more time. When you give someone your time, you are giving them a portion of your life that you'll never get back. Your time is your life. Which brings me to the conclusion....Time is the greatest gift you can give to someone.

It is not enough just to say relationships are important; we must prove it by investing time in them. Words alone are worthless. The essence of love is not what we think or do to provide for others, but how much we give of ourselves. You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving. Love means giving up--yielding my preferences, comfort, goals, security, money, energy, or time for the benefit of someone else.

Now is the time to express your love for someone else. Why now? Because you don't know how long you will have the opportunity. Circumstances change. People die. Children grow up. You have no guarantee of tomorrow. So ask yourself these questions:
Who do you need to start spending more time with? What do you need to cut out of your schedule to make that possible? What sacrifices do you need to make? Don't say you can't when you really can. Anything is possible, so make it happen.

The best use of life is love. The best expression of love is time. The best time to love is now.
February 22nd, 2009 at 06:54am