Child Abuse/Neglect

Do you know what’s in you own backyard? Have you ever stopped to look at the people walking down your own street? Have you ever though to yourself if those same people you go to school with may just up and shoot you and hundreds of your classmates? What makes these people do those things? Horrible acts of violence. Young children at home see their mommy or daddy curse at the television and go into school the next day and call their teacher a bitch, slut, whore, or a dick.

These behaviors all start at home. A young child watches a graphic television show or sees daddy hitting mommy and goes into school and slaps, punches, kicks, etc. a fellow student and gets punished but does not know why, in his mind it was alright because his daddy did it, so why couldn’t he? In a young child’s mind his mommy or daddy is above all others they can do no wrong and they are always right. This child’s mother and father have been irresponsible in what they say around their impressionable young child. Why should the child have to pay for the crime his or her parents have committed?

Children wonder why the little boy in the house next to them can’t play and why he’s always crying. He doesn’t know why his mommy or daddy hits him. He only knows that he is a bad boy and he must obey them or get hit again. He doesn’t know why the other kids laugh at him. He doesn’t know he smells and he has no idea what a shower is. He’s never had a birthday party or a birthday cake. He wears old clothes of his brother’s and sister’s. New clothes? For him? No. His parents look at him and treat him like he’s an animal. His brothers and sister are treated as angels would be. They get nice clothes and nice things. They get to sit in the family room while he must sit in the dusty basement or attic and be quiet. “Not a sound!” the big man he knows as his father has told him, he must obey. Or suffer the consequence.

Child abuse is a horrible thing. Often, abusers were abused as children themselves. We must stop this vicious cycle. Who would hit an innocent child who has done no wrong? Who would make a child stay inside on a nice day and watch his brothers and sisters get to play with their toys when he has none of his own. Who would make a child suffer while they sat comfortably on a sofa. What kind of person would make a child sit in a dusty basement or attic while his or her siblings comfortably sat and watched cartoons? What kind of person would deprive a child or their childhood? Their time when they are supposed to be carefree? A monster. Only a monster could do these things to a sweet innocent child. Don’t abuse.

(Thank you for taking the time to read this, it is a very serious subject.)
February 24th, 2009 at 03:40am