Response to Literature for Addiction

Have you ever realized how life, and people, can just pass you by? For the characters of Addiction, that's what life is. Throughout the story, things constantly go in different directions. Change is continuously happening. Especially in people. In reading this story, I realized that.

Julian DuVall moves to Chicago with her mother after the divorce with her father. Julian is tired of men having such a disastrous affect on her life. She decides to change herself into a tempting flirt. Julian draws the attention of her neighbor, Adam, and his band mates. Soon, Adam falls for her. As the story unfolds, Adam struggles to keep faith while Julian struggles just to keep up.

As one example, Julian has a big change. She doesn't want to sit on the sidelines, she wants to take charge. But when you're the shy girl who keeps to her self, no one really listens. She figures out that if that's going to happen, that's what she has to do. One day, back in the day, one women had to just say, "I'm tired of wearing skirts!" and made herself a pair of pants! Her life turns around completely, whether her mother likes it or not.

Another example is the relationship between Adam and Julian. After all Adam put up with, after he pleaded and gave her chance after chance, he gave up. Julian thought she could play sweet, caring Adam. She knew that no matter what she did, he would shake it up and go right back to work. She didn't intend on falling for him. So when she did, she tried harder to push her love away. In the end she ended up pushing him away.

Overall, this story is full of change. I concluded that in everyone, everywhere, change will always be there.
February 24th, 2009 at 08:55am