I'm Sixteen now. (25/02/09 - 00:46)

This is my first journal entry and I wouldn't be surprised if it was my last. Journals, blogs and stuff aren't really my thing. Usually just nothing to declare that's worth documenting.
Day before yesterday on 23rd of feb I turned 16! I don't really see that as important a landmark as most people seem to, but it's still nice. On the sunday just gone I got this laptop I am typing on now, I'm told it was £400! My mum and older brother payed for it and I put £125 of my own money toward it over the last year (I had a summer job last year) so I'm glad it's a good laptop. I also got a snowboarding lesson on the day, this might not sound as important a thing to you as it does to me and the rest of my family. I don't know why but extreme sports are a BIG thing on my mother's side of the family, my uncle, cousins, second cousins and even, at times, my brothers ALL wakeboard, rollerblade and, now, snowboard. I can already wakeboard but I am not very good compared to the rest of the family (I started late and decided to master the kneeboard and do that for a couple of years first), although when it comes to rollerblading only my cousin can match me and that's because of his 5-10 year head start, rollerblading is my gift, I am a very quick learner on 'blades and they've become my main mode of exercise, fun and even transportation.

Here is a sum-up of what's been happening the last couple weeks (I just had week off school):
On Valentine's eve my girlfriend, who I've been going out with for three months, dumped me by text.
On Valentine's day I was at a party for two of my mate's 16ths. It helped very much on getting my mind off my ex.
On Monday I asked out a college girl.
On Tuesday I got rejected.
On Wednesday the local youth forum (of which I'm a member) played kurling against the local seniors forum. We won 39:27.
On Saturday My dad took me out to celebrate my birthday.
On Sunday My mum gave me a small "cake and family" party to celebrate my birthday.
On Monday (My birthday) I had my 2 hour Business and Communication Studies (BusComm) practical exam, then I spent about 4 hours doing my A Streetcar Named Desire coursework for English (I do NOT like that book). Then I had my snowboarding lesson.

^My life is so fucked up right now, not in a good or bad way just lots of ups and downs.

I'm sorry if you just read all that. There's no prize or refund.
February 25th, 2009 at 02:10am