Oh, Sincerley I Could Cry, The Getaway Plan; Goodbye.

"Dear friends,

There comes a point in everyone's lives where they must sit back and assess if everything is working the way it should be.

We have come to a decision that The Getaway Plan will no longer continue to make music together.

The past 5 years have been an incredible journey and we would never have been able to say that without the support of each and every one of you.

We are in the final stages of planning one last national tour. Please come along and party with TGP one last time. It would mean the world to us.

This is in no way the end of our careers as musicians. Music is and always will be the biggest part of our lives.

Thank you all so much for everything; we are all eternally grateful for your support.

Love Aaron, Clint, Dave & Matthew."


I'll admit it, I cried when I started listening to their music this afternoon. Dancing away at their concerts is one of my best memories ever, a memory that can only ever be relived once more at most.

If anyone has any idea why this has come about, please let me know. It's unfair, and I'll miss them so much.

I can only hope, with all my heart, that this is just some hacker playing the worst prank joke ever.

I will never spend a day without you in my head, in mine.
February 25th, 2009 at 08:58am