Death of a 10 year old.

Three days ago, my friend Au (short for Aurora) told me during the morning that a student from the neighboring school had died. At first, I thought it was suicide -- which is growing to become common in the college departments. She then told me that it was a mere child, 10 to be exact, that had died. At first, I was shocked; I would`ve never thought that someone younger than me would, in fact, die just like that. But I remembered that there are students in that school with cancer, like my brother`s classmate. But no, it was brutal.

Amiel died in a fatal car accident. He had died picking up his fallen food from the ground, where a distracted mother accidentaly crashed into him with her Honda CRV. Amiel was running, when the Urvan at the back of the CRV was honking for it to move in the Loading/Unloading area. The mother didn`t know how to drive, and the driver and nanny had gone to pick up her son. She accidentaly pulled up in reverse, instead of forward, and eventually hitting the Urvan.

Unfortunately, Amiel was trapped in the middle. Decaying flowers and his now re-done body lay in the school grounds. The flowers on the square meter where he had died, and him in the gorgeous school chapel where his relatives, classmates, teachers and staff come to grieve over the death of a beloved student.


I had asked my brother, 11, if he had heard about the incident. He told me he had, and that he knew Amiel by person. He didn`t seem to care much about the situation -- even joked about how Amiel owed him money -- but I knew he was as devastated as all of us. I could just imagine the thoughts of the mother that had killed him -- a mother that also has a child. It was an accident, yes. But just knowing what you had done to this family by killing its youngest child; even I wouldn`t be able to stand myself for that.

I don`t really know why I`m so affected by this story. I don`t even know the kid, or his 7th grade brother in fact. It just seems that life is so short. For that incident to happen to someone so young, so full of life with a bright future laying ahead, it breaks my heart. This should never had happened.

Thank you for reading this :]
Tell me if its worth puting in the Mibba News.
It would mean a lot. ^^
February 27th, 2009 at 08:24am