Left behind

Have you ever felt like, one day, you wake up and you feel like, or know, that you're not a part of something anymore? Or, like, that part of you life is gone? Sometimes, it's in a good way. But last night, not so much.

As I lay in bed, sleep evading me, I was thinking about all of my (4 or 5) best friends from my old town. And although, yeah, I moved here in 5th grade, I still talked to three of them. But then, I was thinking about them, wondering what kind of "cliques" they would be in (two being OBVIOUS, the other...not so much), I realized something--I didn't know them anymore. I no longer knew their favorite colors, or who their new best friend was.
I realized they were no longer a part of my life. And I was truly no longer a part of theirs. And while I tried to tell my "new" friends about the "old" ones, it was like they were from totally different worlds than I was.
I was thinking about this last night. And I was so sad. Yes, I LOVELOVELOVE my "new" friends--I could hardly have asked for better. Yes, I like my life, I am happy, healthy, busy. Yes, I greatly enjoyed my time in my "old" town. But I missed (and still miss) my other friends that I left behind.
The saddest thing is, I know they don;t feel the same way. Their lives have not been uprooted, their friends have not all been taken away. They don;t miss me like I miss them. They just never needed to. They moved on, just like I have tried to, and, eventually did...mostly.

So, in short, I just needed to vent, and I was also wondering...
Has anyone else felt like this here? Does anybody know what I'm talking about, or has any one gone through this? Has any one else here felt...left behind?

Thanks for reading.

-Alanna <3
March 4th, 2009 at 01:15am