I got four boxes of vintage clothing today!

My grandma died about a month ago, and that' the time that actually made me realize that even though I quite disliked her, I did love her a lot. So, I wanted to get that out there because she's the reason I now got all the beautiful stuff that arrived today.

Apparently, she had saved lots of my aunt's and my mother's clothes from the 60s, 70s and 80s. I remember being frustrated with them for having lost them, as they claimed. But, last week, I went to help clean up my grandma's house and we found the stash. I mean, there were pants, skirts, blouses and dresses... expensive dresses at that that hadn't seen daylight in decades. I also found clothes from the 30s, 40s and 50s.

Ignoring the strong smell of old things, I tried almost every piece on, finding out they all fit. I had a blast and, my mother, seeing that decided to ship them back home and today they finally arrived. We're washing them right now, and in the next two days I'll be able to wear them all.

Best part? I already have a few volunteers to come here and make a photography session with the clothes. I'm already researching to make some flapper hats and top hats. And maybe a purse. So, if anyone knows how to make them, or knows a tutorial, please help me. ^^

Because that's the other great thing. I've wanted to make my own clothes for quite a while, but fabric is expensive and now I have 20 pieces of fabric waiting for me downstairs, because my grandma had a lot, and most of it of great quality.

So... I'm really excited to start working on that. And let's not forget that tomorrow I start another personal project. I'm going to make some journals of different artistic styles to sale when classes start again. I hope that turns out OK.
March 4th, 2009 at 01:42am