Camp

Well I just got back from my school camp and boy, was it an experience!

This camp is the longest camp I have ever been on (four days) and it was also probably the most fun.

Day One
-We set up camp at our first campsite and did some activities.
-We did an obstacle course and a low ropes course.
-We went for a swim in the river.
-We told scary stories.

Day Two
-We did archery
-We moved our tents to a new site
-We did an hours hike
-We raft building and teamwork exercises
-We made our own dinner on little trangea stoves. We made Nachos!
-We had a campfire and told scary stories and made damper.

Day Three
-We did a high ropes course.
-We used a flying fox.
-We hiked for 12km's and kept ourselves going by creating hypothetical situations and which we would chose. My personal favourite- 'Would you rather be bald or have insanely long facial hair that could never be shaved off?' Which one person miss heard as Bored instead of bald, making therest of us very much amused.
-We moved to a new campsite.
-We had a BBQ dinner.
-We had a campfire.
-We made smores.

Day Four
-We canooed 9km.
-We got to base camp and got on buses to come home!

Overall, I loved it. Ok, so we had only two showers and we did have drop toilets for two of the nights, but the fact that I was with awesome people made it all the better. I am so proud of myself too because I accomplished a goal of mine- do all the activities at camp even if they are really scary/hard.

Also, I got to hang out with people I usually don't talk to. Camp has a funny way of bringing together people who aren't usually friends. It was a great feeling to be so close to the 17 girls I had to spend my four days with.

I know that when I go to school on Monday, they probably won't talk to me but I still feel happy that camp gave us an opportunity to get to know each other a little.

I am glad I am home, but I also can't help but miss camp. It was a great experience and it's one that I'm glad I took part in. It's my last camp at this school so it was well worth it.
March 6th, 2009 at 08:36am