What would you do...

if you were in a decent relationship. With a boy who was pretty good to you, kind of lacking in common sense, but you know he loved you. He had a hard time showing it, but you've managed to tune him up and make him a good partner.

But then he started neglecting you. You ended up seeing his best friend more than him, and became closer with his best friend. Then one day, in the midst of your anger for your boyfriend, you realized you had slight feelings for this certain best friend. You thought it was nothing, and things began to patch up with your boy friend. Everything between you was finally back to normal, though you still had that nerving thought in the back of your mind about your best friend. You didn't like that feeling, because you knew it would only lead to trouble. After weeks of troubling over it, your brain makes up it mind and picks your boy friend over that certain best friend.

Time progresses and things go smoothly. You became closer with your boy friend and his best friend, who is now your best friend. The weird thing is, your just like your best friend...in a whole bunch of ways (enough ways that you two actually made a list out of ways). This didn't make your boy friend jealous, he isn't the type to get jealous.

Things get boring between you and your boy friend, you consider the 'unthinkable'. Breaking up. You still love him, your just considering. But then something else happens. After hanging with your best friend for an entire day without your boy friend around, you stayed up all night with him on the computer. Half asleep, and filled with Dr. Pepper, you played truth or dare with him, until he asked a question that stumped you. Big time.

"would you dump him for me?" he asked you.

You began to feel terrible, because for such an easy question asked to others in relationships, this was impossible for you to answer.

You didn't know. Thoughts flood back, and you realized that maybe he does like you. He had made many signs of it in the past...

After days of having him in the back in your mind, you asked for help from anyone who could tell you what to do.

Should you play it safe and stay with your boy friend? You still love him, but the relationship is getting old.

Or should you risk everything, and go for your best friend? Who knows how things could be if you two did end up together. but then again...who knows if he really does like you.

Right now, you're miserable.

So, what would you do?
March 7th, 2009 at 05:33am