Let's start rambling!

Ok, my first entry...

I'v just read a ton of articles about characters stereotyped as May Sues. So I asked myself: Are my Original Characters Sues? I got really alarmed at the very fact coz all are freaking females! *breathes*

So I took a bunch of tests. And all the while I was laughing so hard. Why? I decided to test my OC from my quizilla account. It's an Axel love story... with said OC and Axel be together... on the end. XD Anyway, the first question is her name. I was stumped. Basically because it's a second-person view and the name is like this: _____. Pretty... inapplicable. So I made her name Yu... sounds like "You" which is exactly the name the whole time ;) Back to why I was laughing so hard. I wasn't making any effort! The girl was downright plain black hair, eyes, Roxas's height, and plain fair. Told ya, PLAIN. Got it memorized?

Then about the tragic pasts. I really got annoyed at the questions. All the time I was shaping Yu, I tried my best not to make it like me but rather what any Axel fangirl would be. So I said, are any Axel fangirls have to be mandatorily tragic? No. She is probably obsessed, collecting his pictures, blushes at the very sight of him and she would do all the attracting coz let's face it: Axel won't flirt with a girl. He's a Nobody.

Then the questions about her intelligence. I was grinning again. Does it even applies to my story? Of course Yu HAS TO KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT THE PLOT! She's inside the world, she's a fangirl! I think every fan would understand it.

Sososo..... Yu is amazingly the NON-SUE. No, I didn't cheat. It's not my thing. Yu... is just pretty much like you! Plain, simple, and a hell of a writer's obsession: Her fandom.

-eris-
March 7th, 2009 at 09:38am