Driving With Dad

This is my first little journal entry thing, but I thought I'd give you all a little insight to my life for a bit.

So my grandmother, for some obscure reason, decided to move back to Ohio (where I live in case anyone was wondering) from Minnesota and Saturday was the move-in day. So, what was I doing instead of sleeping in on my Saturday morning? I was up at the crack of friggin dawn, in the rain, helping move all her stuff into her new appartment. And she had A LOT of stuff.

So, naturally, there were a lot of boxes empty after all her stuff got moved in. Which brings me to the topic of this journal. It was my duty to drive all of the empty cardboard boxes over to the recycling area at Kroger's. Dad so happed to tag along to help me unload them all. But on the way, he decided that he'd have one of those joyous heart-to-heat moments with me.
Here's how our little conversation went....

Dad: "We're gonna have one of those father/daughter talks, okay?"

Me: "Dad, mom gave me the sex talk when I was nine; I know how it works."

Dad: "No, no, no that's not what I was gonna say. Well, you're growing up...and well you know you're going to be faced with some situations at parties where someone will offer you drugs or-"

Me: "Dad I'm not an idiot, I'm not gonna do that stuff."

Dad: "Well I'm just telling you know because when I was your age I used to smoke pot. A LOT of pot."

Me: ... you dad? You smoked pot?

Dad: Oh yeah, loads of times. And I had sex a lot too.

Me: :omgno:
DAD! I didn't need to know that!

Dad: Yes you did because I don't want you getting knocked up or getting some sort of disease! We didn't even believe AIDS existed when I was your age and I didn't have a care in the world who I slept with. Hell I lost my virginity in my freshman year of highschool!

Me: ...you did?

Dad: And it was on a bus!

Me: EW! Okay enough with the talking I get it! Don't drink, don't smoke, don't have sex on the first date!

Dad: ...your mother and I had sex on the first date...

Me: DAD! EW! You're not supposed to do that! You're not even supposed to kiss on the first date!

Dad: ...My bad.

Now keep in mind here, I was driving at the time of this father daughter conversation. I nearly crashed the car and since then I've made him promise not to have any more father/daughter talks when I'm at the wheel. Or preferably EVER.
March 11th, 2009 at 02:41am