Religion

Honestly my only fear in the whole world is being alone. Death wouldn't even be scary if I knew there would be people I could still talk to. Pain is far more bearable with other people there to comfort you. I would go insane if I were alone. Besides that, I could suffer through all my other fears (being blind or deaf, paralyzed, missing limbs, getting a deadly disease, and just death in general) knowing there was someone else there. It's odd to just tell the world my worst fear and become so vulnerable, but I was just thinking, what if I die and am alone? A Christian told me I am going to hell (with certainty) after cussing someone out and punching him for no reason. A Muslim told me that white people (and all other races for that matter, other than Arab) are dirty and have no morals because they aren't Arab. A Jew told me I am a blasphemer and am going to hell because I don't attribute my successes and or luck to God. I don't judge people, but I have to say i have morals, I am clean, and I am open minded. I know that people are people, they'll do whatever they do regardless of what religion or race they are, but I would never tell someone they are going to suffer eternally in hell, it's just cruel. These people certainly don't represent their religion/race entirely (or even partially) but it bothers me that they think that. By that logic, everyone is going to hell because it's impossible to follow every religion. What do you think about this? Has anyone ever told you anything like what those three told me? What kinds of racism do you see, and what do you think can be done about it? I am sorry if offended anybody, I didn't mean to, and I sincerely believe that there is something you can learn from every religion.
March 11th, 2009 at 04:11am