Beauty, are we becoming more obsessed with it?

People today we are willing to do anything to be beautiful, sexy and skinny but is it really worth it?

We will put loads of foundation on, go for expensive beauty treatments, have plastic surgery, use hair dye, not eat properly. We will do just about anything to look pretty and hot. It seems everywhere you look there will be an advert for make up, beauty treatments or diets.

People just need to look inside themselves to see what they are doing to themselves because it damages there skin so much, if you look at the ingredients in foundation you will see that there is iron oxide in it. The youth of Britain today keep using make up to hide who they are. Yes I'll admit that I use make up but I don't cover myself in it until I'm orange, I only wear make up when I'm going out somewhere but that's about it.

People are willing to pay thousands of pounds to have surgery to change the way they look, why do it, it seems like the world's most idiotic thing to do, people in third world countries who probably haven't eaten in days don't probably care about the way they look, they are more concerned about if they're going to see their next birthday or if their mother is going to survive the night.

People have been obsessed with their looks for thousands of years, people are being put down for the way they look. I'd rather be ugly than be so plastic that my nose comes of. I reckon that a lot more people have body dysmorphia than ever before.

I'm happy being a spot filled, fat, outcast teenager than someone who tries so hard to cover themselves in make up. Why do people want to look like porn star, than someone who is real?

People who are skinny, blonde and have no spots are considered beautiful, I'd rather be the opposite than look like that. I weigh 70 kg which is about 11 stone which according to the British government makes me obese. To hell with the government because I'm happy being me. I may be fat but that's who I am.

Everyone who is size zero needs their head checking because you are sending out the wrong message to everyone. In order to stay skinny alot more people are turning to cocaine and other drugs like it. I'd love to know why people do that.

Personally I think men are less obsessed with the way they look. I think they don't care about they look unless they are off to a black tie gala and even then even then they don't put that much effort in to looking good.

To some off my entry into my journal I'd like to know your opinons on this topic.
March 12th, 2009 at 10:02pm