Canon.

There's some things we'll really never know. We'll never know how the universe was truly created. We'll never know why love hurts. We'll never know why the assholes are more common than the good people who make us smile. We'll never know why people who are meant for each other don't end up together.

We'll also never know if Mikey Way and Pete Wentz fucked like bunnies on the Warped Tour '05.

We'll never know if Gerard Way and Frank Iero had a secret relationship for years.

We'll never know if Ryan Ross and Brendon Urie hooked up and it lead to something more.

We'll never know if William Beckett blew Gabe Saporta after a Midtown concert.

But these are the things many of us write about. We dream about it, trying to hold on to that small glimmer of hope that, fuck, someone went to bed happy tonight.

I think that's why we're (or just me) are so obsessed with it. We want them to be together. We want to see smiles on the faces of the men we so much admire. We want them to be happy, even if that means they're taken. It's not about the sex, it's about the love. The fact that some people can love and be happy is nice. When we see so much negativity, it's good to see something good and beautiful.

Once again: maybe this is just me.

Which brings us to: canon. Definition: things that could have/should have been. Speculations and rumors and eyewitness encounters. Pictures and concerts are good too. So, while we don't know if it's true that any of the above men were romantically involved, it's nice to think they were. Even if it's not true, what wrong with a little speculation? It never hurt anyone. Just because the people are now married/involved with members of the opposite sex doesn't mean they didn't happen.

I think I'm off for some canon of my own. It's the best kind of camera.

Sorry for that little bit of pointlessness.

- Heff
March 12th, 2009 at 11:55pm