Mock trial and science fair. (AKA Where I've been)

I haven't been active on here in forever. I love being here, really, and I do check PMs and stuff, but I haven't had time to really sit down and reply to stuff and think about the stories I'm working on. (To all my readers, I'm really sorry I haven't updated in forever.) But I've had a lot of major projects going on, although I've said that a million times now.

First of all, for those of you who do not know, I am a diehard nerd and love the science fair. I geek out over awesome projects that are better than mine and spend hours slaving over mine to get ribbons and pretty little cash prizes and shake company representatives' hands and go to fancy banquets.

This year, I placed first in school and so I headed off to district. I got honorable mention, which really disappointed me, so I freaked out over the course of a month and used almost all my free time to work on the project and assemble this huge board. That's the main reason why I vanished for a while. Then I went to regional (which was HUGE and competitive and scary and fun), and somehow, by some miracle, scraped third place.

So now I'm going to the STATE LEVEL, which is completely amazing because it's practically been on my to-do list for life since third grade.

So I get to travel halfway across the state for three days to this ginormous science fair. Also, we don't have much to do--registration one day, judging the next for six hours, and the day after that the awards for three hours. The rest of the time we get to hang out and go go-karting and tour the city and stuff, which will be fairly awesome.

That's the first reason why I was gone.

Right after that finished up, I got the chance to participate in Mock Trial, which is pretty much what it sounds like--you get a case that was actually a real one but they changed the names of people, you get affidavits and a couple exhibits, and then you have to work with nine other people to create a case and go against other schools. It's really competitve and really intense--you stay after school almost every day for two or three hours--but by some miracle again, I managed to get the position of this one witness. Sixty people out of the seventy of us in the gifted program tried out and twenty made it. Another thing that I'm really excited about.

That's the second reason why I was gone (preparing for auditions and studying law) and will be gone again until sometime around late April. I'll be trying harder this time, though, to keep up with stuff and update stories. It's a shame, because I've been getting a lot of ideas lately, but haven't had time to write them down.

And I was also gone because I was freaking out about my grades (specifically in algebra, science and Spanish) and studying a lot. Therefore, I blame school and my academic competitiveness for being gone forever.
March 13th, 2009 at 03:02am