"I Have A Dream"

Today, in history class, we listened to the "I Have A Dream Speech" made by Martin Luther King Junior. When I was listening to it, I oddly become very interested in speeches. Maybe it's the words and the impact words can have on people.

Now, I'm having a really big spasm, trying to find really great speeches and quotes. I found some good ones, but I would really like more. Here are some...

The Speech Bobby Kennedy made right after he found out about Martin Luther King Jr.'s assassination. His words were inspiring, and laced with truth. He spoke of the tragedy, and how America was falling from freedom. That speech was impromptu speech, and it was fantastic.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein. I would really like to say this quote to one of my teachers, and see what happens.

"The right to speak your mind does not automatically give you the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert. H. Humphrey. I just like this quote because of the truth. Sure, anybody can say what they want, but not everyone's idea's and thoughts should be considered. Most of the time, it's good to listen to each other, but if someone says, "Let's let the monkey drive." it shouldn't be taken seriously.

Really, there are way more quotes and speeches that are great, but I don't feel like posting them all on here.

Truth is, words can change a persons life, and they can make a difference. Words aren't just things we use everyday, they are a part of the good and bad of the world.
March 14th, 2009 at 02:03am