The Dear Nick, Saga

Since the beginning of this saga, these have been the two most popular questions I have been asked:

1)How did you start to write Dear Nick,?
and
2)Why is/was your story so popular?

The first question is easy to answer. I wrote Dear Nick, because I love to read and write, and I had read a few fan fictions back on fanfiction.net. A lot of stories back on that website tended to have the same major plot line, so I tired to think of something original. Hence, where the emails came from. And after that, I simply sat at my computer and started to write and words flowed. I had no plot line in mind. All I knew was that I wanted Jenny and Nick to end up together. Except, for when I originally planned this series, I never intended it to be a series.

Now, the second question I can't answer. The answer is I have no idea why or how. All I know, is that people commented my story, and I continued to write simply because I liked to. Then from there, you, my readers, took this story to where it grew. I never had the ability to make this story what it was. I simply wrote it, and you guys were the ones to get me over 1,000 comments and 250+ subscribers. That alone has made me the happiest author in the entire world.

I guess as thoughts went through my mind, which they often did during the summer, I knew there had to be some drama. This is where John, or Jenny's ex boyfriend, came into the story. No one's relationship can be completely perfect, and I never intended for Jenny and Nick's to be either.

When I had gotten over 700 comments on Dear Nick, I knew I couldn't just end the story without more depth to the "Jenny and Nick" relationship. I Hear It's Wonderful In California was then created. When I first thought of the second story in the saga, I was originally going to have Miley Cyrus be the Alyson Stoner of the story, but if there was one thing I had always stressed throughout the saga, it was that I wanted my story to be just a bit different. So, I took a different direction, and Alyson Stoner was thrown in there. Sure, it was a bit cliched. But I think in a way, no matter what anybody writes, there is going to be some cliche. There are just too many stories in the world for that to not happen.

From the beginning of that story, or Chapter 5 more specifically, I had people screaming at me to get Jenny and Nick back together immediately, but in their kind of a situation, that would never happen. Sure, it may have, but let's face it, Nick Jonas is a rock star with a busy life. Something like that was bound to happen sooner or later. And then there were the readers who thought they knew my writing so well, and they all assumed they would be back together by Chapter 12. Ha, little did they know it would take one more story for them to get back together.

In PS. I'm Still In Love With You, I wanted to just see how far I could push my own writing as well as how much I could push my readers. Sorry, had to do that. =]. And after enough prolonging, I finally got them back together, and the world erupted into cheers, ha. I had some people telling me that their lives were a bit too drama filled, and I can't disagree with them. But in my defense as an author, if you wanted to read a story where nothing exciting happens, then The Dear Nick, Saga was never the choice for you. And who wants to read a story where nothing happens?

I wasn't originally going to make a fourth, and soon-to-be final novel, and I left the choice completely up to my readers. Thanks For The Memories was soon born, and I was so sad to see this become my last story for the saga, even though, in the beginning, the ending seemed so far away. I knew I wanted Jenny and Nick to marry, and the rest from there as they say is history. Memories were made and written, and I am so proud to say I wrote the saga. I worked so hard on this story, and with all of your comments and love, my hard work paid off.

The last question I get is:
1)How did you come up with the story titles?

Dear Nick, was by far the easiest because I only planned for one story, and the title came from Jenny and Nick's e-mails with one another. Then, came I Hear It's Wonderful In California. The title came from Jenny wishing she could be with Nick in California. When the third story came around, I wanted the titles of the stories to be in a sort of 'letter' format, hence the:

Dear Nick,
I Hear It's Wonderful In California.
PS. I'm Still In Love With You
Thanks For The Memories.

I know, kind of lame, but I thought it worked quite well with where I wanted to take this story.

The remaining epilogue was by the far the hardest chapter I have ever had to write. It probably didn't help matters because I kept crying because it was the end. When I first started "Memories" I wasn't going to have Jenny and Nick end up dying. I was going to leave the ending with Emily Jonas around fifteen-years-old. That way, if I ever wanted to continue the first story I ever wrote, I could write from her Point of View in her own story.

But as the story went on, I realized I need closure. I wouldn't be able to have the ending of the saga open, or else the story would never end. And I think in the case of Dear Nick, I needed the saga to end. I was/ am completely happy with everything that I had done, and I knew the ending would be a sort of end for me as a writer... I was fine with that, and then I created the final, last chapter of The Dear Nick, Saga.

And that my friends, is the entire story of The Dear Nick, Saga. It all stemmed from the fact that I believe true love never dies and a little Jonas Brothers never hurt anybody... =].

~baS3balljBando
March 17th, 2009 at 02:48am