Musicians you hate

Please read the whole journal before responding!!!

I'm curious to know what are some musicians/bands that you used to hate that you actually liked once you gave them a chance. I'll go first.

Neil Young
Image
Now, I've listened to classic rock since before I was born and I heard this guy's music all the time. And, for the longest time, I hated his songs. Why? I wasn't quite sure. So, I sat down one day and listened to some of his songs. First, I fell in love with "Hey Hey, My My." Then I heard "Ohio", "Old Man", and then finally "Cinnamon Girl." Now I feel ashamed of my former hatred of Mr. Young, even though I still can't really bring myself to like "Rockin' in the Free World."

Pink Floyd
Image
The main reason why I found myself hating this band was because my dad loves them and I love to hate the things he loves. I was listening to the radio one day and I fell in love with one of their songs. I then proceeded to borrow my dad's stuff and I pretty much fell in love with most of their songs. I still can't stand Dark Side of the Moon though.

Lynyrd Skynyrd
Image
This was a combination of the dad loves them thing, their weirdly spelled name and "Freebird." "Saturday Night Special" alone makes up for all of that.

So, what bands/musicians did you used to hate but find yourself liking now?

EDIT: Oh. My. God. David Gilmour looks a lot like my dad....
March 18th, 2009 at 03:47pm