3/21/09 First Avenged Sevenfold Concert

Burn Halo, Papa Roach, Buckcherry and of course, Avenged Sevenfold make for an amazing concert worth driving about three hours to get to.

Burn Halo:
Though I’ve never listened to them, they were pretty good. The lead singer kept thanking us for letting them be there to play. A lot of people didn’t seem to pay too much attention to them, but they sure did catch my attention. I do know they played “Dirty Little Girl” and “Save Me”, but I’m not sure about their other songs.

Papa Roach:
Absolutely amazing set. I’ve been a fan of Papa Roach for a while now, but this was the first time I actually got to see them live. Jacoby ran off stage, through the pit, and behind where the tech. people were, he got on his knees and was singing. About three girls had followed him, but left him alone when he got up to run up to the seats direct opposite of me, my brother, Fred, my cousin, Nick, his friend, Brent, and Katie. Once the guitar solo started, he was making his way back down and said, “Okay, I gotta go back to my job.”

He also thanked us for letting them be there, and told us that it marked a decade of Papa Roach. They played: Lifelife, Hollywood Whore (after asking us if we were sick and tired of people like Paris Hilton and “Shitney” Spears), Forever, Scars, Last Resort and one new one from their upcoming album released on Tuesday.

Buckcherry:
I’ve never been a big fan of Buckcherry. I’ve listened to one or two of their songs, but I was never determined to become a long-term fan. Before they played songs from their upcoming album (and one song was about a porn star), Josh informed us what a 15 year old boy does after he finally figures out how to get his load off. They did play: Crazy Bitch, Sorry and a couple more I’m not too sure of.

Avenged Sevenfold:
When I say we waited about 20 minutes after Buckcherry left stage for Avenged Sevenfold to come on, I’m not kidding you. They pulled back the curtain, and you could see them setting up lights through it. JB Dizz was setting up stuff, and he was also testing out the microphones.

After what seemed like forever, A7X finally came on. They opened with Critical Acclaim, and as soon as they started playing, the curtain dropped.

Shads was moving all over the stage, while Zacky, Johnny, Syn and Rev (of course) stayed in the same spot for a bit.

They then jumped into Afterlife, (now in no particular order because I was too in shock to remember) Unholy Confessions, Scream (which was the “romantic” song for the ladies), Dear God, Gunslinger, Bat Country, Beast and the Harlot, and Almost Easy. I’m not sure if they played anything after Almost Easy because my brother had us leave (and Shads said that was going to be their last song.) Gunslinger was dedicated to the men and women fighting in the war.

During Syn’s solos, he played the first, then took a break and said after one screamed I love you, “I love you too. I hope you don’t mind, but I’m going to play over there for a bit. I know tonight’s a little weird, but I’m asking you guys if it’s okay with you.” And everyone screamed “Yes!” Then when he was done playing over on the side we were on, he walked back to his mic and said, “Serious, serious business to attend to back there. Johnny's naked, and they're having a good time. I'm sure as fuck glad to be out here with you guys.” Then he played the third solo and towards the end, Zacky and Johnny walked back on stage and joined in with him, as Rev did the same. **Then Shads came on, and said we were going back to City of Evil, and they started playing Beast and the Harlot.

Also during it, Johnny and Zacky were having a show down. Zacky wouldn't let Johnny over the side, so they just stared at each other. Apparently Shads and Zacky also were eating a lot of chocolate, seeing as they were in Hershey, PA.

They were absolutely amazing. I’m glad I got to go. It was one of the best nights of my life, and I really want to see them next time they come around.

During the break between Burn Halo and Papa Roach, I was in the bathroom and this lady spilt booze on me.

At the concert, I got an A7X beanie and their black and white tour shirt.

**I’m not exactly sure if the song is right. I was too in shock to remember, and Katie didn’t remember either. -.-

Edit:
warrior21157 on Youtube has a couple of songs from Papa Roach and A7X at the concert, if you want to check them out! =D
March 22nd, 2009 at 05:25pm