Sick of it All

I'm so sick of all the kids who think that they're such cool "gangsters". They're not, and never will be.

What brought upon this journal entry (my first one ever on mibba), was an incident that happened yesterday after school. Basically, there was a group of kids that consisted of two tryhard guys who will do anything to be 'cool', two African people who refer to everyone as 'cunt' and apparently are really good at fighting and another guy who was basically just tagging along.

There was this boy, who was walking by himself. Now, I have to tell you that he wasn't what was defined as 'normal' these days. He had black hair and an eyebrow piercing. The way he carried himself was what people would call 'emo'. (I, personally, hate labels because all they do is create segregation and possibly conflict). But back to the incident, he was walking alone, on his way home.

The group of guys thought it would be fun to go and smash him. To go and punch him and kick him. (Thank God that didn't happen in the end though). I overheard them saying things like, "Oh yeah, come on, let's go cunt, let's just go and fucking smash the shit outta that cunt!" or "I'll kill that fucking emo cunt.". It's really sickening. They called him over, and he was totally oblivious to what was going on between them. Thankfully all the guys were too scared, I guess, to hit him.

They find fun in hurting and abusing other people. They probably think it makes them 'cool'. Well they should know that it doesn't. It never will. I don't know when hurting people became the new 'cool' but apparently it is now. Those kids walk around with their pants practically around their knees, swearing like there's no tomorrow. Wanna know the other thing? They were only 13 and 14 year olds. How fucked up is that? I guess they were trying to prove that they can be tough, that they can be cool and that people should be afraid of them.

I really wanted to go and tell the kid what was going on, or tell the other guys to stop, but I was too afraid. I'm not one that will throw herself into the middle of a fight, just to stop someone else I don't even know from getting hurt. I hate myself because of that fact. I keep wondering whether I would actually try and stop the fight if it started, but I honestly don't think I would. I'm too scared for my own wellbeing, I'm just as selfish as the rest of them.

Don't get me wrong, I do swear (occasionally throwing in a random fuck or shit somewhere in between my sentences), I just don't have every second word I say as 'fucking'. And I do think that fighting can sometimes be a good way to resolve things, but I just can't stand it when people want to fight someone (especially an unfair fight, which in that case, it would've been 5 on 1) even when they haven't done anything wrong, or anything to annoy them in any way.

I hate what society has become, and we're all to blame because well, we are society.
Help me make society better.
Let's get it back to where everyone was civil, if not friends.
Help stop racism and sexim.
Help me make everything okay again....

[I'm sorry this was kinda long, it just really pisses me off. I hate that my first journal entry had to be of something so ridiculous, of people so worthless. Comment me or message me and tell me what you think, even if it's to complain, I'll listen to your point of view, because it's your opinion.
Oh.. and by the way, if the entry sounded a little formal, I'm not usually.. I don't know why I talk like that when I am writing a blog or a journal, I just do. Thanks for reading!]
March 25th, 2009 at 10:11am