Music Opinions

Ok, so there's this girl on youtube, and she has these videos bashing all of these bands that are very well known. Just from her videos alone, she's sent a bunch of people into a blind fury on Youtube. Now, now I'm all for voicing your opinion, but when the facts you've based it on aren't even true, it's going to get people angry.

So the bands she basically bashed were...

All Time Low
We The Kings
Paramore
Tokio Hotel
Metro Station
and all Fueled By Ramen bands

So, her most "popular" video is the one about All Time Low, We The Kings, and Paramore. Once again, I'm all one for speaking your mind, but her facts weren't even true.

Paramore:

First, she doesn't even have the decency to learn how to pronounce Paramore correctly, and continuously pronounces it wrong throughout the whole video. She also doesn't seem to like Paramore very much because of Hayley's overall appearance, (the lead singer of Paramore, for those who don't know), apparently, Hayley is a guy that can't sing and doesn't know how to dress.
My opinion on this is, since when did looks matter in music? Last time I checked, music was the most important thing to a band or artist, not how they look. Seriously, a band could have the ugliest people on Earth, and if they sound good, people are going to listen to them.

All Time Low:

Basically, this girl doesn't like All Time Low because they're "annoying", and because they took a picture in their underwear. Just because of that one picture, she wishes death upon all the guys in the band. Why wish death on someone you don't even know? She doesn't know anything about them, and yet she wants them dead because, their music "sucks", and they're all a bunch of "queers".
Even though there are bands and artists that I don't like, I don't want them to die just because I don't like them. I don't know them or anything about them, so there's no real reason for me to want them dead.

We The Kings:

I'm sure some of you have seen a picture of the lead singer of We The Kings, Travis Clark. If you haven't, well Travis as a very interesting hair style. He makes his hair very large, and it's this sort of ginger, sort of blonde color. I personally like it, but obviously people don't agree. Like this girl for example, the main reason she doesn't like We The Kings is because of Travis's hair. Once again, since when did looks matter in the music industry.

She also said in the video that she was tired of hearing songs about girls and love. Then in her video about the bands that she likes, she lists Death Cab For Cutie. News flash, most of, if not all of Death Cab For Cutie's songs are about girls and or love. She might as well go get hypocrite tattooed on her forehead now.

In her other video, about how Metro Station, Tokio Hotel, and Paramore (once again), suck, she still doesn't have proper facts about any of the bands, and she's basing them off their looks, not their lyrics, the actual music, none of that. So once again, people are giving her hate mail, which she either doesn't understand, or likes.

The final video I saw of hers before my brain melted from stupidity, was a short video, about one minute, saying that if you're on the popular record label, Fueled By Ramen, you're ugly. She lists Paramore (she must love them), The Academy Is..., Cobra Starship, and a few others. For the final time, looks shouldn't matter. Music is all about expressing yourself, and speaking your mind (if you're in it for the right reasons), not how "hott", you are, or anything superficial like that.

So basically that's all I have to say about that. She voiced her opinion, and know I'm voicing mine.

P>S Sorry I didn't know her Youtube name, but her videos aren't that hard to find. =)
March 27th, 2009 at 11:44pm