For Love is a Place/IndieDiscs Readers

Love is a Place

Is of a story that I started years ago and it's really a mixture of different story ideas that I decided to make into one.

I have no idea where the lead girl's in trouble, trying to get to her to safety from big bad Germans, came from.

I just had the first part pop into my head of Dean chasing after Jezebel (Elle - I honestly started to get sick of the name Jezebel and she needed a nickname anyway), orders from her father to get her to safety.

At first, way, way, back when this story was just something I was daydreaming about, it was supposed to be about a girl who's best friends with a boy since they were babies and he was in a band with his friends in high school. And they had an audition for another singer to join they're band. Not that original. But I'm not even sure Love is a Place seems all that original to me right now.

I don't want to say that I've hit a writer's block, 'cause I'm not sure that that what is happening.

I just have a lot going on right now and I don't have the time or the energy to sit and figure out what I want to do for this story. I will though, but I just feel like I don't like the whole idea of Elle being in trouble anymore. I don't know 'cause I had an idea why she was be chased by big bad Germans, but now I don't know why, I changed my mind.

And I think that that is one of big problems for this story right now and so I want to figure out what I'm going to do before a just keep writing stuff that I think is crap.

I have ideas for it, ideas that I think might be good. So I'm going to try to figure it out, but in the mean time, just wait for me?

IndieDiscs

At first I had no idea where the inspiration for this story came from, but after thinking about it and then realizing how obvious and making myself feel dumb, like I always do, I realized that it was because I recently started to listen to Incubus again.

When I was in middle school I had this group of friends and one of them (the most outgoing and popular one) was always looking for good stuff to listen to. I got into Incubus because of her and I've loved them ever since.

I'm not sure why I stopped listening to them, but when they're new CD came out I wanted nothing to do with it. I think it might have been because I wasn't friends with the girl anymore and Incubus always reminds me of her.

Anyway, originally I was going to have the lead guy in You, Appearing (no idea when that story is ever going to be put on here) be working at a CD store called IndieDiscs, but then I had this idea pop in my head of Trixxi walking into a CD store and I needed a name for the store and the story.

Somehow everything just came together, and IndieDiscs was born.

It happened so fast that I'm afraid that I'm going to loose momentum and crash and burn.

Meaning I never finish the story, like what seems to be happening to Noises From Above.
And what happened to Wake Up.

But for some reason I feel different about ID, I have the outline for the whole story in my head, and a pretty good idea how it's going to end. And a lot of ideas of what's going to happen during the story. Which seems to be something that was missing with NFA and maybe even Love is a Place.

IndieDiscs just seems a lot fresher to me, and to those who care, it's not a story that's going to be all about Indie music, it might not even be about Indie music at all. I'm just letting the story unfold and pretty much tell it's self. If that makes any sense.

But don't get me wrong, it's not like I don't care about the story.
'Cause I do.
I really really really do.

And that is why I'm so excited about and so nervous and afraid that it's not going to do as well as the other stories on here.

(Not one's by me, I mean, the really really good ones that have a bunch of comments and subscriptions. Not that that's the only thing that's important. All I'm saying is that my stories aren't the most popular ones on here. That is simply a fact. Nothing bad or good. A fact.)
April 1st, 2009 at 08:21am