Reasons why I like Marilyn Manson [Written in a very enthusiastic way]

Marilyn Manson is my favorite band. Not only is his music amazing, but it's really smart. I try analyzing his albums as much as I can. Mechanical Animals is by far my favorite. Lyrically is unbelievable, musically remarkable, and image-wise amazing. Their music isn't like most bands. It's not a catchy song that becomes a single and that's the only good song in the record. His music is not inspired on superficial things such as looks or sex. His metaphors and way of thinking is remarkable. The way he flips around common morals for you to look at them in a different way. By the way I say he, because Manson is the writer but they are still a band. Manson teaches you to be yourself above all else. To not conform to a way of thinking. To challenge things that were taught to you as a child, and look at them differently. To not censor your thoughts and beliefs. To not be manipulated by religion. All those things are what attract me to Manson. I've been a fan for a long time. I was particularly happy when I found out the 2007 record was coming out, "EAT ME, DRINK ME", and now in 2009 he is coming out with yet another "The High end of low" can't wait to hear what that sounds like, and the message it depicts. Also, Manson's music is like a painting. It has layers. You hear all sorts of sounds that create atmosphere and that's something I love. Anything from a really distorted clock noise in the background to the sound of a breathing apparatus in a hospital. All which create a certain feeling, mood, and even background to the music. It's an image above all else. Truly art. Not at all like bands nowadays.
April 2nd, 2009 at 12:01am