Just My Thoughts...

I don't know why I'm typing/writing this, I just feel I need to say what I feel, just 'cause. I'm sort of in the mood to do a happy rant type thing.

So anyway, if you're reading this and haven't been to my profile, it says that my favorites bands are, All Time Low, The Cab, Forever The Sickest Kids, and The Maine. For those of you who have visited my profile, well, you already knew that. I don't know if everyone thinks this, but I know there's at least one person that thinks the only reason people (like me) put those band/bands as their favorites because, they're the "hottest" thing right now (or on their way, in The Cab's case). There are people like that, but I'm not one of them. They are my favorite bands for a reason, and it's not just because there are members that are "hAwT."

Forever The Sickest Kids:

They're a party in your speakers, literally. For all of the FTSK fans, you can't tell me you haven't danced around like an idiot to one or more of their songs, more than once. It's hard to describe how much they really do mean to me. I don't know, they're just one of the few bands that can put a smile on my face no matter what. I love how Jonathan isn't their only singer. Sure he takes the role as 'lead singer', but he's not the only one that sings. Caleb, Austin, and Jonathan's voices mesh so well together, it sounds incredible. They aren't the only ones doing the work though. Because FTSK is so group oriented, I guess you could say, you can never forget that someone is in the band. They're kind of like that one friend you have that can always make you feel better. Do you know what I mean? Maybe not, but that's ok.

The Cab:

It's plain and simple, I love The Cab. I love them, and I don't understand why they haven't blown up all over the world yet. They've worked so hard, and are continuing to work hard, and yet, they aren't getting half the recognition they deserve. Even if you don't like The Cab, you have to admit, they can play. Everything about them to me is amazing. They play their music so well, and it comes out amazing every time. The piano works for them too. For those of who you haven't heard of The Cab, or any of their music, they have a pianist (Alex Marshall). Not a synthesizer, but an actual piano, and Marshall actually knows how to play it, it takes my breath away every single time I hear him play. And their lead singer (Alex "Singer" DeLeon), well I probably shouldn't even get started talking about him. Long story short, he never ceases to amaze me, even when he's not singing, he's just an amazing individual.

The Maine:

I haven't really known about The Maine all that long, but I'm already hooked on them. When I first listened to The Maine, John's (the lead singer) voice threw me off a little because I wasn't expecting it. I love the way he sings, but when I first heard them, I didn't know what to think. They were so unlike anything I was listening to at the time, I couldn't figure out if I liked them or not. Now that I think back on it, I'm glad their different. So many artists/bands out today sound the same, I love how The Maine isn't like everyone else. It's not just the voice I like however, it's the whole band. They're so young (even though their older than me), put they have so much talent. Pat (drummer) and Garrett (bass) have only been out of high school for one or two years, and yet they have so much talent. I love listening to The Maine because they have so much talent, and they don't sound like everybody else.

All Time Low:

I didn't really discover how much they mean to me until a few nights ago. My mom's boyfriend was over and blah, blah, blah. I was really upset thinking about what might happen in the near future, so I turned on my iPod, and started watching my videos. One of the first videos was 'Six Feet Under The Stars' (obviously by All Time Low). So I was watching the video, and as soon as I saw Zack in his Indian costume while he was waiting in line to perform, this idiotic smile appeared on my face. Something I thought wasn't going to happen for a while. As the video went on, I started laughing, and I realized only All Time Low could do something so ridiculously stupid, and still make me laugh. They're a type of band that all people should like. I'm not talking about the music because I know people don't like All Time Low, but just their personality. Everyone should have a band they listen to, that can always make them happy, like All Time Low does to me.

Alright, so that's enough of my little blog thingy. I could seriously go on for hours about all four of these bands, in detail. I don't really expect people to comment on this, but whatever. I'm just glad I can express all the feelings that I have somewhere, even if no one really cares.

Peace and Late!
April 3rd, 2009 at 01:02am