Human Dignity

There’s a lesson that people have to learn in their lifetime. It’s the lesson on human dignity. Human dignity showers each individual, embodying them with the right of freedom and respect. Humans are all worthy of these things, it isn’t something that is earned or bought; it is something that is given at conception. When, or if, this is taken away from someone, that very person has lost his or her own dignity within them self.
The act of murdering a human being is also the act of killing their dignity, and the dignity of the murderer as well. Torture in its purest state of inhumanity is persecuting human dignity. Without dignity a human is no longer a human, it is an animal.
Animals kill other animals for strength and survival. Just like humans kill other humans for their own benefit, not others. So, with human dignity in them, there is hope that no human would commit such an act upon another. However, this happens everyday, and because of it human dignity is slowly dying.
The lesson is not learned.

***Okay, so I need to know if this makes sense... I just wrote it down and I was thinking that maybe I could add it in a chapter on here, but I want to make sure that it makes sense to other people before I think of adding it in. It might not make sense because I was just rambling on, thinking of what we learned in religion class today that inspired this. If you do comment, I GREATLY appreciate it! : )

~Penny~
April 4th, 2009 at 06:15am