The Pledge of Allegiance

Okay, just let me start by saying I'm anarchist, because I'm totally not, I have no opinion at all.

I think it's stupid to say the pledge of allegiance everyday of my life. It loses all of it's meaning. It's not like people stop to think about what it means or anything, they just say it, well, because that's what they're supposed to do; and by golly, if you don't, well then you're totally plotting against the system! wrong. that's not how it works.

I'm loyal to this country, I like this country, if i didn't like it i would get the hell out, therefore i don't think i should have to say it everyday. which, okay, yeah i don't have to say it, like i can't be forced to, but i think it should be a general thing that no one says it except on special occasions, because doing it everyday makes it lose it's meaning.

Like the national anthem, that's only sung on special occasions, and i think it gives it that much more "power" over people. Like, i don't know about everyone else, but i totally get chills when i hear it. I think the pledge of allegiance should be like that.

Also, I'm talking to a freaking flag for crying out loud! I mean, a piece of fabric mass produced in some factory, I mean, I could be talking to my sheets on my bed for all it matters. Overall, I think the pledge of allegiance is stupid and should be removed from my day-to-day life.
April 4th, 2009 at 09:50pm