Where is the good, original fiction gone to?

I feel like I'm repeating myself, really.
Was it so long ago when I came crying to you about how all I can see in mibba nowadays is fanfiction?
I think this is not the first time I come here and tell you how I don't have anything against sexy WIlliam Beckett and my adorable live-long crush Gerard, or how I really don't find Frerads disgusting but (when written correctly) quite attractive...it's just *not the only thing I want to read about*!
I'm sorry, but could you please just write more originals?
Is it too much to ask?
A one-shot if you will, then?
No?
Come on, I don't think I'm asking for too much.
Fine, no originals?
Then at least write a proper fan-fiction!
I know that there's a lot of drugs in the music/artistic movement, some guys and gals need their inspiration through illegal ways...but is it really an excuse to make such plain, boring, characters with such predictable tales?
There are two fanfics that have really rocked my world, "Come as you are" by Nessie (on this site and Ficwad) and "Saint Lily" (Ficwad, as well). Now, those now about character development and a good plot. It's not predictable, kiddies, and that's what's interesting about them.

I'm feeling deflated, to be quite honest.
Wanna cheer me up?
Point out some good originals, and some even more kickass fanfictions.
Oh, and by the way...I know that most of the time one thinks that what one writes is utterly great but, let's face it, it's usually the other way around. So please, if you want to sell your story be sure it's good, 'cause I have a screen before me and there's a fat chance I'm quite a few postal codes away from you, with a couple more of oceans actually, so I'm not afraid to say something's off.
I'm not trying to be a bitch here, or saying my stuff it's the shit...'cause if it really was then I wouldn't be posting it where there's no copyright protecting it. I know we're here to learn and share and whatever but that doesn't excuse first-grade story lines (I'm sorry, I know there are first graders with brilliant minds!) and even worst grammar.
So, don't even bother to mention stories with illegible fonts, or txt tlk, k?

Thanks for reading my whole rant, I'll be sure to pop in here more often.
April 13th, 2009 at 05:18am