A good day :)

So I've decided to like where I am as long as I have to live here..
Today was pretty good... I wanted to record it so i could keep it, in a way.
So.
This morning I woke up at 10. I opened the skylights and put on music while I dressed - Taking Back Sunday's "Note From The Past" album...
I did school for an hour and skipped Math. No one knew ;)
After I got something to eat, I headed off to the library with Emery. It was an amazing day out - really warm and sunny with a little bit of a breeze, and flowers were pushing up through the dead leaves by the river.
For storytime at the library, I read "Green Eggs And Ham" and afterwards I sat on the floor of the children's room coloring teddy bears and hippos and rainbows with a little girl named Diana who told me that she and her mommy planted "Kale and 'matos and munchini" in her garden. (To clarify, I asked "Zucchini?" and she just nodded and said, "Munchini.")
Emery and I walked home, stopping to get a brownie and orange soda at the little market up the street. My mom made me have a snack first, but then I went back to the library to volunteer.
I was sorting craft supplies when in walked Ben, the 13-year-old who goes there after school on Tuesdays. (He thinks we're going to start a band, even though I keep telling him that it's not going to happen.)
He greeted me with a "Hi! My best friend!" and then later proceded to tell Emery and all the other people using the computers that I was his girlfriend and we were going to get married and adopt an Asian baby boy. I have no idea where he came up with that or if he knew I've been trying to get my parents to adopt a baby from Asia, but he had it all planned out.
I said it was the baby girls that needed adopting, and he said, "Alright, a chick, whatever floats your boat, darling." He also asked if I knew who the Red Hot Chili Peppers were, stated that they were better when they were on drugs, and begged to walk me home. Apprently, he was stalkerish enough to ask around about where I live and happily informed me that we're neighbors.
I'm slightly scared to go back there next Tuesday.
Later on, I helped some of the moms in the library round up the 15 kids there and take them across the street to the park. We proceded to play tag.
Then... I babaysat and Emery came along. We had fudge ice cream in cake cone and played Uno with the kids. I won. :)
I also got a raise from the mom I babysit for, and then came home to mac 'n cheese and my soft Eyore hoodie...
Today was pretty good as far as days in Vermont go.
April 15th, 2009 at 06:01am