Get A Grip, Will You? Please?

Okay, I'm not saying I didn't like it once upon a time, or anything, but don't you think Twilight fans are going the teensiest bit overboard? For example, when you type the letters 'TW' into google search, the first suggestion is 'Twilight' and offers nearly 14 million results.
What the hell?

When you enter the search on Google, there are paid ads for 'Team Edward,' or 'Team Jacob.'
"Hello, Crazyland? these are FICTIONAL characters, aren't they?"

It's a saga based on a topic that has been done over and over and over again and the only thing that makes it particularly special is the fact that no-one thought to use vampires before.
Before you jump down my throat, (which any fan-girl would HAPPILY do) take the time to think about it.
It isn't fantastically well-written, sure, she can describe the characters features pretty well, but what about their characteristics?
Last time I looked, that was kinda vital.

Some of her characters(Bella) are so intensly irritating that you feel like throwing the book down. I mean, she's so needy and desperate.
It's pathetic.
Really.

It's so obviously(trying to be) a modern-day Romeo and Juliet. Is it too much to ask for a little originality?
It's also the slightest bit unbelievable (if you ignore all the friggin' vampires in the first place!) Understandably, Edward is 'the love of her life' but when he leaves, she turns into even more a prat than she was before, and the book gets oh so dull, enter throwing stage.
All I'm asking for is that people GET A BLOODY GRIP: IT IS A BOOK/ FILM AND EDWARD DOES NOT, I repeat DOES NOT EXIST.(And he never will do, either.)
April 18th, 2009 at 10:02pm