Help, I've become surrounded.

Is it just me, or has there been a veritable algal bloom of girls calling themselves Bella immediately after the Twilight series gained ground? I mean, seriously. When Twilight was still relatively unknown, I don't believe I've ever come across a Bella on the Internet. After the whole thing exploded (leaving what was to become a huge, un-clean-up-able mess) I've been steadily seeing more and more Bellas everywhere I go. Strange. Very strange. Or is it just me? It cannot be just me, I'm almost positive...

I think I'm starting to mildly detest the name. I mean, the name in itself isn't bad, but the connotation is dreadful. Isabella used to be a name, for me, of delicate pulchritude, but I only think of it now as overblown and contrived. How jaded I've become, right? How derelict my senses, right? Even Isabel isn't good enough. The one variation I can stand is Isobel, which still remains sleek and inordinately pretty.

You know, I was so relieved when Stephenie Meyer announced that she wasn't going to publish Midnight Sun after it got leaked. I thought, Oh thank you, God, or whoever's in charge of stuff like this, you are merciful after all....

I guess it all just comes down to one question: When will this end? This drunken orgy of sorts, this hydrophobia (indeed). I've suddenly found myself gobbled right up, and I can't claw my way back out, nor can I wash my hands clean enough.

I've been so sick of this for so long, I've moved beyond it now, and I didn't think that was possible. Now, I only want to crawl, with a few remaining shreds of sanity and self, into a dark, moss-lined underground cave and wait until all this has blown over. I don't know if I have any indignance left, nor the energy to laugh derisively. The only thing I have that I'm sure of is my tired resignation to waiting. It was the very last thing, at the very bottom of me.
April 19th, 2009 at 06:23am