Neighborhood Surprise

Something strange,cool, and wonderful has happened in my neighborhood. First, let me get a couple things straight. My family is not very sociable in our neighborhood. We rarely talk to any of our neighbors. I for one have a fear of strangers (whatever scientific word that it) and will not talk to anyone I don't know unless I am introduced or they speak first. I can't help it. Besides totally embarrassing myself, I don't really know what I am afraid of. I guess that's what a phobia is, irrational fear. Anyways there is this couple next door with a son in college or something and the quiet korean lady randomly brought us yakimandu (i have no idea how to spell it). Their kinda like half circle egg rolls or something with some kind of soy sauce to dip it in. Yeah, they were really good. Wonderful people that we are, we decided to make food to send back on her beautiful trays. So we went to store, bought a whole bunch of ingredients to make buckeye. Buckeye is round chocolate and peanutbutter candy that tastes like reese's, which I am addicted to (reese's that is). Another random day has come and she brought over some kind of vegetable and noodles type thing. I think its rice noodles, and I have to say she is a really good cook. So now it seems we are communicating to one neighbor through food. I think I'll make mozarella sticks. Yum.
April 20th, 2009 at 12:01am