Attention Subscribers: Moving to Fictionpress!!

Well, Spring Break is nearly over (in fact we are mere hours away from a brutal awakening, in the form of school) and I haven't updated SMLPAV at all...

I thought this was very strange at first. Usually, when there's a break, I go crazy happy and update stories every other day! Yet this time was different. When I realized I have been neglecting my story much more so than usual, I stopped and... meditated? I think reflected would be a better word... either way, I searched within myself to find out why I was in such a slump, and came up with an obvious reason staring me right in the face.

My heart, and by extension, my mind, is not into the story. At all.

I can't say part of me didn't see this coming; I had the idea for the story in the middle of the night and launched right into the first chapter without any planning whatsoever (curse my right-brainedness!). I honestly had not even come up with a plot until around chapter seven. I'm one of those people who has the hardest time sitting down and outlining a story; I just can't do it, which is probably a major reason why I get a lot of writer's block, and sometimes leave the story altogether! Character designs I can do- my characters become, essentially, a part of me, to the point where they annoy me when I sit down and type. Romance I can do- I'm such a sap you could pour me over pancakes. Beginnings and climaxes I can do, easy peasy. But get me in a chair and tell me to come up with a plot (and sub-plots, if you're really insane) and I draw a blank.

I feel like I'm just dawdling with SMLPAV, not really getting anywhere, having useless characters and filler after frustrating filler...

Mibba isn't doing much for me, either. As conceited as this sounds, I think I've outgrown it. Not that I don't love everyone on this site- you guys are awesome readers and reviewers, and I love you all dearly.

However, I have decided to move my account to Fictionpress.com, a site I find to be quite promising. I will not be rewriting SMLPAV, at least not for now. Not until I develop it more, you know? I will, however, begin a new story fairly soon, and this time, I promise to actually know where I want to go with it before I begin. Cross my heart.

If you want to find me, my account is called Golden Gossamer.

If you ever want to contact me, my MSN is momoXmania@hotmail.com. My Yahoo is twin_purple_peach@yahoo.com.

Yes, I am aware all of my account names are really different. I have a mild case of username ADD, haha.

I will post one more chapter of SMLPAV, and inform everyone of this change at the end of the chapter, since I know no one really reads my journals (*sniff* Am I really that boring?). After that, I'll keep this account up for another month, to make sure everyone gets the memo.

Much love,

Monica <3
April 20th, 2009 at 07:15am