Thought this was funny and should share

I walked into work yesterday morning and found Sophie telling this story to Aimee. Only catching the middle part of it at first, I thought she was re-telling some strange dream she'd had. But then I listened closely and realised that this was something that really happened. I found it so incredible that I thought I'd share it with you guys.

OK, so on Sunday Sophie and her family decided to go to the West Mindlands Safari Park. They began to make their way through the park and all was going well. They'd just passed through one enclosure where it was safe to get out of cars and drove on to the next enclosure. As they drove through the couldn't see any animals around anywhere. At this point Sophie decided that she was hungry so got out of the car to get snacks from the boot (trunk). As she did this she suddenly heard "GET BACK IN YOUR CAR NOW" come over the speaker system from the ranger guys who patrol the park. Sophie turned to find everyone looking at her as the ranger guy continued to yell at her. It was at this point that Sophie noticed the reason why all the attention was suddenly on her. Not more than 20 feet away, basking under the shade of a tree was a huge male lion. It was also at this point that Sophie's little brother also decided to yell "OH MY GOD LOOK AT THAT BIG LION OVER THERE!", seaminly catching the lions attention. With the lion staring at them, Sophie very quietly and calmly, felt around for the door handle and climbed back into the car.
As they drove off they then noticed the whole pack of lions behind the bushes, just feet away from where they had just been.

Needless to say, Sophie did not leave the car again until they were safely away from all the animals.

Well, thats it, my story of my friend who was stupid enough to get out of her car in the middle of a lion enclosure.
April 21st, 2009 at 08:07am