Sun Burn

Okay, when my friend said there was supposed to be good weather for our walking trip over the weekend, seeing as the Lake District (where we were going) is notorious for it's wet weather, I thought good weather would be cloudy with occasional sunny spells. Boy was I wrong, in the two days we were there I only saw clouds twice, the first day in the evening, and on the second day in the morning, sitting over the lake. And we were waaaay above the lake.

So, my friend, having dark hair, and myself being a blond (in more ways that one), neither of us remebered to bring suncream. And while I had a hat, it was a beanie style one so gave no cover for the back of my neck. So guess what genius'! I got well and truely sunburnt, and I mean like my worst ever sun burn, I can barely touch it and it hurts to twist my neck. I tried to take a photo of it for you guys to see, but the back of the neck being an awkward place to photograph on your own...they're not the best pictures.

Image
That's the best one, but you can't see the full extent. My neck is actually swollen.

Yeah, so I'm an idiot, you'd think by my age I'd have learnt that being fair meant taking suncream round with me at all times due to unpredicatable English weather e.g. sun in winter and storms in the summer.

Yeah and that wasn't the only thing that went wrong, my friend forgot her walking boots! Yes that's right, one of the most important things when going walking, after suncream; boots. And we forgot the white flour for white source for our lasagne we were cooking for dinner, but it was still edible, quite nice actually XD

But the weather was amazing, look as I said, no clouds in sight:

Image

That was in the morning, on our second day of walking.

Oh yeah, not sure but I think it's probably due to the sunburn, it came at the same time, thrown my immune system off track, but I am also ill. I had a splitting headache and what felt like a frog in my throat which has developed into a cough, so yeah, I feel like grot. But I'm proud of myself; I've gone to work these past two days, though I cried when I came home on Monday. No idea why, I just sort of broke down, which set me of coughing, then I think my throat must have closed up or something because I could hardly breathe in, and when I did, my throat made a horrible wheezing noise. My mother and brother in law were looking slightly concerned by this point as I was in hysterics, coughing, and looking like I was going to pass out. Glad that passed. Still no idea why that happened, just hasn't happened again. Especially at work, boy would that be embarresing.

No idea why I'm telling you this, though I guess this is a journel, and this is what you are supposed to do in journel so...yeah, there you go.

My fav piccy I took:

Image

Even though it's taken through a car window (as you can tell by the random blob in the middle) which was moving at speed, I love the picture, I just wish I could have stopped and got a proper picture of it.
April 21st, 2009 at 10:13pm