Believers Never Die Part Deux

Fun <3

Went with Aden, Olivia, and Megan. We got RedBull right away. Olivia and I split this one. It stared with 50 Cent, who before doing anything, spent about 45 minutes just talking about free shit. Everyone around us started yelling, "JUST SHUT UP AND PLAY!" It only took about five minutes of that before he gave up and started rapping. I never really liked rap before, but I've got to say, it wasn't bad. Al Capone came out with him, everyone was dancing.

There was a few minute break and then Hey Monday came on. Again, I've never really listened to them before, not much at least, so I couldn't say much other than that, the singer could have done a better job giving the lyrics a tune. I liked the lyrics, but the tune kinda clashed in my ears. My favorite thing to see about them was how much fun the drummer was having. He was grinning ear to ear the whole time through, like it was a dream.

Next was Cobra Starship. Amazing. Probably one of the best bands of the night. Gabe has great stage persona. He was yelling and jumping and got everyone with him, fangs up. He had a little intro to each song and it was cute. He was talking about Victoria and was like, "my main goal tonight is to make her smile!" And she was grinning the whole time :) 50 Cent came out to do a song with them. Cobra is probably one of the best bands to see live.

All Time Low followed them, also great live. They came alive. Jack was jumping a lot, Alex was running back and forth. Rian turned around a bit, coming up to the stage and then back by the drum kit. Zack looked like he was having so much fun. They were good. Jack was pounding on the drum kit at the end. They played a lot more than talked, which I was grateful for. I hate when bands give speeches about their beliefs. Give 'em on Youtube. I'll watch them if I want to know. Cassadee came out and did a song with them.

There was a ten minute break and then 50 Cent came out for his main set. Al Capone was there for part of it again. It was good. We went and got RedBull. I drank this one on my own. It was goooood :) Obviously, we were all hyped up, having been dancing, drinking energy drinks, jumping, and headbanging (at least on my part).

Fall Out Boy. Yes. The notorious. Wonderful. Aside from the fact Pete kept talking about all his political beliefs and government. At least 75% of the kids there are 13 or below. No one cares. Of course, Pete Wentz decided to strip. Once you're 30, have a wife, and a kid, don't you think its time to stop that? One thing we all noticed, especially on Pete's part, was how much they'd calmed down. We were all talking about Fall Out Boy when they first started, and how they used to be live; Very energetic, jumping around the stage, crazy. They stood still most of the night. Pete, of course, did his lay down and seize while playing bass thing. Never quiet understood that, but okay. Other than that though, they stayed in place. Patrick was wearing a wig and had fake blood on his nose; What? Joe was one of my favorite parts of the show; He is great live. He seems to be the only one that retained his stage personality. He was nodding, headbanging, dancing. Half way through there set, the lights when off and they started only using giant strobe lights. It was...seizure inducing. Cassadee and Alex came out and played with them.

50 Cent and Hey Monday, I don't know any of their songs, so I can't say what they played.

Cobra Starship did Smile For The Paparazzi, Snakes On A Plane, Guilty Pleasure, and This City Is At War. All Time Low did Dear Maria Count Me In, Coffee Shop Soundtrack, Weightless (off the new album), and Six Feet Under The Stars. Fall Out Boy did a lot of stuff off Folie A Deux, which I don't know much of well enough to tell you. I know they played I Don't Care, What A Catch Donnie, Dance Dance, Thanks For The Memories, Where Is Your Boy?, and everything else was Folie A Deux.

By the end of the night, I could barely move my neck from headbanging, I was bouncing off the wall, and I was happy as shit.
April 26th, 2009 at 09:26pm