May 11 - BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE<3333 MCR CONCERT!

So May 11, I went to my first concert. Lol. I've been to local shows and I've seen Social Code play, but last night was my first BIG concert.

Sam's dad drove her, Sammy and I to the Kipling subway station and from there, took it all the way to Union. We got Union, and I got confused as to where the exit was to the ACC :P Anyways, we get in, get our bags and tickets checked and while we're looking for the door we were supposed to go through to find our seats, Sam sees Anna. She's with this girl, Thomas, Tomas and Igor (sp?). we chat with them for like 2 mintues and we went our seperate ways because their seats were in section 121 I think and we were in 105 (opposite each other). So, Sam, Sammy and I walked in and found our seats very easily.

All three of us are sitting down talking, and then the people to my right came to sit down. It was a guy, his friend and his friend's girlfriend. The one sitting beside me was cute. LMAO! But I didn't pay that much attention to him during the concert. An then some stupid people to our left, on the other side of the aisle were smoking. And it smelt so bad. Like jeeze. At about 8, the opening band came on stage....The Bled! They were really good live. Sam thought all their songs sounded the same and she couldn't tell the difference between all of them. While The Bled was playing their set, they started talking about Tim Hortons and how it's such an a amazing place. Sammy, Sam, and I laughed because if you know us, you'd know that we're at Timmies everyday after school:P At 8:30, their set ended and left the stage. At this point, people were still coming. The floor was half full and the stands were full as well. Not packed, but pretty full.

All of a sudden, all the lights go off and everyone starts screaming, including me. The beginning of The End started playing and by now, everyone, well, ALMOST everyone was standing up, singing along. A hospital bed is rolled onto stage and Gee comes out from under it, and started to sing The End. The Black Parade walked in and started to play and it sounded so good. Unfotunately, Mikey couldn't be there. But that's okay. He's with Alicia! Matt Cortez was good though. He took Mikey's spot for the remainder of the tour. After that song, Gerard starts talking and the first thing he says after the song is "Who has the laser pointer?!" and then someone yelled back. Gee's like "You silly little prick. You're gonna make someone go blind!" LMAO! Then the Black Parade sang everything else off the new album: Dead!, This Is How I Disappear, The Sharpest Lives, Welcome to The Black Parade, I Don't Love You, House of Wolves, Cancer, Mama, Sleep, Teenagers, Disenchanted, and Famous Last Words, in that order. The whole time they played, I was screaming my heart out, jumping when Gee told everyone to jump, even jumping at random times, and pumping my fist into the air. And the guy beside me would do everything I did right after I did it:P Also, Gee said that this show was supposed to be the best show because it's TORONTO!!! and they just LOVE toronto. And obviously, it was the best show. During the whole time the Black Parade was performing, there were these people sitting in front of us who sat the entire time. Uh, hello??? Why would you pay almost 50 bucks to sit during the whole show? They didn't even sing. Srsly, I just wanted to punch them in the face, or throw them down some stairs:P And then they started making fun of everyone who knew the words the the song. IDIOTS. But whatevs, this blog isn't about them. Before Disenchanted started, Gee started talking to everyone in the audience saying that if you ever need help, your last resort is NEVER killing yourself. He says to go find someone to talk to, anyone. After they played the new album, Gee started talking and said "We are the Black Parade and My Chemical Romance will be on shortly!!!" and all of the guys left the stage.

As soon as they left the stage though, everyone started chanting "MCR! MCR!" The last song on the Black Parade album was called Blood and it was one of those hidden songs. While My Chemical Romance was backstage changing, they played that song and yes, you guessed the whole crowd sang along to it. 2 mintues after Blood ended, My Chem walked on stage. WEARING THE LEAFS JERSEY!!!! And when they did this, EVERYONE on the floor and in the stands yelles at the top of their lungs. We were so happy!!! During one of the songs near the end, Frank and the guy who was taking Mikey's spot began fighting. It was so cute because their guitars got in the way :P They sang I'm Not Okay (I Promise), It's Not a Fashion Statement It's a Deathwish, Cemetery Drive, The Ghost of You, Give 'Em Hell Kid, Thank You For The Venom, You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison and then the final song, Helena. 2 hours later, the show ended and I was so sad!!! I mean, I was happy because I saw my favourite band play, but sad because it ended. Oh, I'm gonna miss Ethan too!! lol. He was the light guy and now he's going with the Rolling Stones I think it was.

So in the end, May 11, was the best night of my life. I don't have pictures because we weren't allowed to take cameras inside. Some people snuck theirs in but I didn't want to risk getting my camera confiscated. It's all in my long term memory though XD Sure I lost my voice from screaming at the top of my lungs with all my heart, but I couldn't have had it any other way, and I wouldn't want my first concert with any other band except for

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE!!!!!!!!!
May 12th, 2007 at 03:56pm