"You say catch up, I say ketchup!"

....cool/weird title, huh? :XD It kind-of-not-really relates to this journal.

I just really need to write down everything that's going on right now. Well, type. Whatever.

First of all, I'm participating in my school's Relay for Life team. The actual relay is happening on our track, so I'm surprised that the school hasn't gotten a team together in the previous years, but whatever. This morning we had a meeting about it and everything. I'm actually really psyched to be doing it. We easily have at least twice or three times as many people on our team, which means we'll probably get way more in donations and therefore show people who's track it really is. I'm not quite sure yet if I'll have enough money or be able to convince my parents to donate, though, which is kind of a bummer. But it's going to be a pretty awesome event, and I'm not gonna lie, the light ceremony is going to be kind of hard for me to go through. My grandmother passed away of colon cancer two years ago, so I'm going to dedicate my bag to her.

Then I'm informed by my history teacher that she picked me to be recognized as one of the best social studies students in our school. I don't even like history all that much! In fact, it's probably my least favorite class. Yet, I must look pretty good compared to most other people in my class, I gues.... Still, it's cool to be academically recognized, even if it is in a subject I don't really care if I'm recognized or not.

I'm feeling good about math. I have a test tomorrow but sine, cosine and tangent make a lot of sense to me so it's nothing I don't think I can handle. Which is good. Because I don't know if many other people really get it.

Leadership is...wow. I could probably make a whole journal about that class, honestly. We're trying to plan our school's Battle of the Bands competition and half of the team I'm spearheading don't really do anything...which obviously upsets me. We still need to call a few businesses and get rehearsals set and times coordinated and volunteers signed up. And all this is during Spirit Week...ugh.

Then...the issue with Leadership next year. I wrote out my application, got an interview, and now I'm not getting into Leadership. The day I found out I was kind of a mess - which is weird if you know me, I hardly am emotional about anything - and pretty much just bummed. Next year, if I plan to do the IB programme, would be the last year I could take Leadership, and now that's not going to happen. Add to that the fact that, in my opinion, the people who were picked to be in that class don't do a whole lot of working, they're more on the side of, "I'll just sit around and do whatever and pull crap together the last few days before the project happens," which makes me worried about how productive the class will be in general. In that class, you can't just sit and do nothing the whole hour - you have to be productive or you will fail, plain and simple.

But, I'm mostly over it now.

Hey, at least I get to take my art classes now. And I've learned so much from being in Leadership the past three years of my school career. I've come out of my shell and learned to be up in front of 600 kids in an auditorium and do school-wide announcements over the PA system and speak more eloquently. I've become less afraid of talking to teachers and professionals and have become a better person because of this class. The kids that were probably picked more than likely could use Leadership as a way to gain all of the things I've already gained.

...but it still kinda bums me out that I'm not in the organization anymore. :\

I drew a bit today. Two of my art pieces are in the lobby for parent teacher conferences tomorrow. (I'm not terribly proud of my scratchboard - but everyone's scratchboard in my drawing class is on display, so I guess we'll all just have to deal with that.) I tried drawing a picture of Candice Clot from a French metalcore band called (the) Eths - seriously, go look them up if you don't mind French lyrics, they astound me with their amazingness - but it turned out looking more like I tried drawing Jinxeh's face. No lie. It totally reminds me of her. :file:

Speaking of Andrea - early happy birthday! :001: I'm totally going to make you a birthday thread tomorrow at like 5:20 AM. Just so you know. Even though you probably won't be awake. ;) :file:

THIS JOURNAL WILL NOW SELF DESTRUCT IN 21684654354864543213475 SECONDS.
April 28th, 2009 at 10:24pm