I have the cure for Swine Flu! No, seriously.

Do you have the swine flu?

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the cure is good ol' humor.

Now, let me explain myself so people don't get the wrong idea. Yes, I understand that people have died from this flu, and that's horrible. But that still doesn't mean you all should be paranoid and start stocking up on masks (which, by the way, won't stop you from getting sick anyways). Every year, a lot of people die from influenza, it happens. The people who are at risk the most are babies and small children, and the elderly. The reason why the baby here in the States died was because, not only was he from Mexico, where the flu is worse (because I've heard their health system is pretty whacked, but don't quote me on that), but because he was so young and especially vulnerable. It's very sad that he lost his life, but he could've died from the regular flu at any time. I hope that that there are no more deaths in Mexico and that it gets taken care of, and I hope that no other babies get sick.

Now, you're asking yourself, "well, what about me?!" The majority of people who got infected with swine flu are recovering.

So far U.S. cases are fairly mild for the most part, with one death, a Mexican toddler who visited Texas with his family — unlike in Mexico where more than 160 suspected deaths have been reported. In fact, Schuchat said most of the U.S. cases so far didn't need a doctor's care.

Source.

I'm directing this at those who are completely freaking out about this: it's okay to be cautious, hell, it makes me nervous, too, but you are not going to die if you get the sniffles. Remember, the swine flu is pretty much regular flu symptoms. If you start to get the symptoms, all you have to do is go to the doctor and get tested. If you do happen to have it, there is medicine, and vaccines are coming. If most of the people infected are recovering, then I'm sure you'll be fine. Now, the people I'm worried about is my mother's friend, Whitney. She gave her little boy the MMR vaccine when he was a baby (which is required; the majority of you probably got it when you were babies, including me) and, long story short, there was a horrible side effect and he almost died. Thankfully, he didn't, but this means he won't be able to get the vaccine for this flu. My mom's telling Whitney to just keep her kids home from school for awhile. It sucks that he can't get a lot of the vaccines because of that one side effect. (But I'd like to point out that those side effects from the MMR vaccine are extremely rare.) But again, this doesn't mean her son will die if he gets this flu.

So what's my point to this journal? Calm down. This flu will not kill off the entire world. Just stay clean, wash your hands, all that jazz, and you'll be fine. Oh, and don't go to Mexico unless it's absolutely, 100% necessary. (Hey, that's the vice president's suggestion, not mine.)

And you got to admit, that link I posted was pretty damn funny, yeah? Well, I thought it was....

In other non-related news, I'm playing Papa Roach's new album to death. It's so. Fucking. Good. And I'll hopefully be getting The Audition's new album this Saturday. And then a week after that, I'm getting Madina Lake and Aiden's new album's. I think all my favorite bands are trying to make me go broke. Hah.
May 1st, 2009 at 02:34am