All Time Low.

This is just something I wrote about my favorite band, All Time Low.
I only put this up for you to comment and tell me if I need to change anything to make it better.
So, if you could take the time to leave me a simple comment, I'd really appreciate it.
Thank you <3

Lets take a moment to reflect on the past few years of our lives.

Ever since I popped Put Up Or Shut Up in my stereo November of '06, you four boys quickly became my favorite. The beginning cords of Coffee Shop Soundtrack filled my Myrtle Beach hotel room as I sat down and began to read the words Alex was singing. My first thought, "Damn, this boy has an amazing voice and can write some damn good lyrics." Little did I know that I'd be standing in front of these four extremely talented boys and singing along to the same exact song only three months later.

The EP was quickly downloaded onto my ipod. I listened to nothing but All Time Low and didn't listen to any of the other three thousand songs that were on there for a few months. Back then, I couldn't even put one of their names to a face. I loved them for their music and talent, and I still actually do. Like many other girls, I didn't swoon when I first even saw a picture of Alex, or Jack. When I first saw a picture of the guys I was like, "Oh. So those are the guys I've loved for a month now." I don't really like to judge a band for their looks before actually listening to their music. But what can I say, they are a pretty good looking band.

I first saw them live on February 24, 2007. This was also the date they played their first sold out show at the 9:30 club. While standing in line just two hours before the doors opened with my best friend Lucia, I recognized one of the guys from All Time Low walk by. He was video taping the line like they always used to do, and no one was running up to him to get a picture or talk. When he came back from walking down the line, my sister, Lucia, and I walked up to him and asked for a picture. Little did I know that his name was Jack Barakat.

July 25, 2007 came around and that is when went to Warped Tour and saw All Time Low for my second time. Weeks before that, the boys released a new song; Dear Maria, Count Me In. That being my favorite song by them at the time, I didn't know that it would be one of their biggest songs known by thousands of kids. And with Warped Tour being at Merriweather Post Pavilion that year, I didn't know that they'd be playing there with Fall Out Boy exactly a year and nine months later. Right before All Time Low came on stage and played for 10 extra minutes, I met Alex Gaskarth for the first time. Just like Jack Barakat only a few months before, Alex didn't have that many people swarming around him.

With just four days before their album So Wrong, It's Right came out I was standing outside of the Recher Theater with just three hours before their Cd Release Show would start. With two hours down, and one hour to go I heard screams coming from the back of the line. When I looked down at the end of the line, I saw the guys running toward me while recording a video for their buzznet. After running to the front of the line, receiving gifts and having moms scream at them to come back, they came walking right back down the line. While the girls standing behind me asked Rian for a picture, the rest of the guys went back into the place. When Rian was finished taking pictures, he turned to my sister and I and asked us how we were. After that, he began to tell us how we were at the show early. Now, getting to an All Time Low show only an hour before is considered late, not early. The day after the Cd release show, I listened to my free copy of So Wrong, It's Right. I was doing the same as I was just 10 months earlier, sitting down and reading the amazing words Alex's voice sang.

Six long months passed without seeing my favorite band and I was going crazy. The guys were playing on the AP tour of '08 at my favorite place, the 9:30 club, on April 9th. Itching to get out of school early on that Wednesday, 3:10 finally came. With only getting to the show two hours early, the line wasn't that long. The show was great, but then again, all All Time Low's hometown shows are great. After meeting a few of the guys from Forever The Sickest Kids, I saw Rian wondering around the front of the club with barely anyone around him. So I went up to him, and got a picture. Rian Dawson is one of the nicest people out there, and it upsets me that a lot of people still don't know who he is.

After missing them when they came back on The Compromising of Integrity, Morality & Principles in Exchange for Money Tour, I went seven long months without seeing them again. On December 8, 2008 I received an E-mail saying Yay! Your ticket has been reserved for the special All Time Low show @ St. Johns Hamilton on December 13, 2008. Your name will be put on a will call list. The day of the show all you will need to do is tell us your name, pay the 10 dollars and you will be good to go! from passed out promotions.

It felt like it took forever for only five days to pass, but December 13th finally came. Arriving to St. Johns Hamilton five hours before the show, I went and stood in front of the church with just about only ten other people. But before I stepped out of the car and into the freezing cold weather, I saw Zack Merrick pull up behind the church in his little electric blue truck with GK stickers covering the back. Watching him walk into the back door, I laughed as my dad repeatedly asked me who he was.

Only ten minutes before the doors opened, there were still only a few people in line. My sister and I were standing there in the freezing weather for five hours waiting excitedly as the times went on and the door began to open. Walking up the steps, the blood rushed back to my frozen feet and I began to tell the girls sitting at the table my name. After they wrapped a hot pink wristband around my wrist, I walked up to the stage. No barricade and right in front of where Zack would stand, I began getting more excited. It felt really good to just be at an All Time Low show without knowing about it months before. And I doubt that will ever happen again.

After I sang my heart out to every song the boys played, the large crowd behind me began to disperse. Only a few minutes later, the guys were out on the floor meeting kids and taking pictures. Looking over at the large crowd surrounded by Alex, we decided to go meet Jack first. Without hesitation he took the bright green poster that the previous band gave to me and put in front of his crotch to pose for the picture. I laughed as he posed for our picture, because I knew he'd be the only one to do that. After saying thanks and goodbye to Jack, we went to go meet Alex who was standing on the other side of the room. Taking a few minutes to get his attention, we finally got a picture. Leaving the crowd of girls attacking Alex, we spotted Rian with just a few people around him by the stage. After meeting one of the nicest kids ever, we went outside to see if Zack was lurking around anywhere. But that quiet kid was no where to be found, and after that night, I convinced myself that I will never meet him unless I really really tried.

Leaving the church that night, I felt so sad but happy at the same time. Sad because I was leaving the guys and the night was already over, but happy because that was one of the best nights of my life and I was so glad to experience such and amazing hometown show like that.

About a month and a half later, which seems like more, the guys announced they'd be touring with Fall Out Boy on the Believers Never Die Part Deux tour. I still don't understand why most fans were pissed about this tour. All Time Low was going to tour with one of the bands they looked up to as kids, and always dreamed of playing with, but fans looked pass that and starting saying things like, "Oh, they're selling out." I, honestly, was nothing but happy for them. I was so proud of them to be going on this tour, playing all these huge venues, and doing nothing but spreading their music to millions of kids across the country.

Unlike most fans, right when the tickets for this tour went on sale, I bought them. Beginning to count down from 82 days until April 25th, I absolutely could not wait. But when the day finally came around, I couldn't believe it.

Arriving at the venue eight hours before the gates opened, the line was already a little long. Sitting under the hot sun, putting on twenty pounds of sun screen, and having All Time Low on shuffle on my phone, I sat there next to my aggravated sister and my mood was nothing but only content. Not until three hours before the gates opened, it finally hit me that I was about to see my favorite boys since '06 for the sixth time.

The show, well the show was completely amazing. More than half the huge crowd was singing along as the boys played their first show of more than 10k people. I was singing as loud as I could, jumping around more than I ever have at a show, and smiled more than I have in my entire life. Standing in the crowd, just below the boys and listening to Alex say "This is just so surreal." made me feel so happy to have them be from my hometown, and to be my favorite since November of '06.

No, not all of this writing is about the multiple All Time Low shows I've been to. All of this writing is here to show you how fast my favorite band grew up just before my eyes. From witnessing their first, crazy, sold out 9:30 club show, to witnessing their first hometown show at a huge packed venue. From seeing them at a small church with local bands, to seeing them at Merriweather with Fall Out Boy. They made it so big, so fast and it's not going to stop anytime soon.

These four boys, Alex, Rian, Jack and Zack, may just seem like a normal band to you. But to me, well, they mean just about everything to me. They have showed me the true meaning of life. They have taught me to just live life with no regrets, no looking back, and not caring of what other people think. They are the reason for all those dick jokes I spit out constantly, they are the reason why I am so happy. They are the reason why I simply don't care about your opinion towards me, they are the reason why I look forward to each day. These guys are the reason for all these perfect nights I will never forget.

I can't even explain how amazing it feels to see them standing on a stage in front me with their faces lit up. My heart melts when I see them smiling at each other in front of thousands of kids because I know they're smiling at each other in awe. They have come so far with this band and they're living their dream. I am nothing but happy for them and will continue to love them, and their music no matter what.

These few years will never be wasted, all thanks to you guys. And I can't even begin to count how many times I would like to thank you for saving me from a life without living. You guys have honestly touched my heart in every way possible without knowing. To many of you they may just seem like just a band, but to me, they're my absolute favorite. Forever.
May 1st, 2009 at 11:56pm