Just Another Dad Story

So everyone's got their parents that drive them absolutely nuts, but they love them for it anyway, right? You're lying if you said no. Well, my dad is that parent. If you've read my previous journal entry you'll know exactly why, but here's another story that happened not too long ago.

Oh, wait, some background info first.
This is getting more into my life than probably any of you wanted, but hey. It's my journal and I'm going to say what I want.

Anyways, courtesy of my mother's inherited genes, I've discovered (the hard way) that I'm anemic. No it's not something I'm going to die from for those that don't know what exactly anemia is. Anemia is a blood disorder that occurred (in my case) because of large blood loss. Ladies, our little monthly friend was like the bum cousin that just won't leave, for me if you get my drift.

So because of this massive blood loss I started getting more tired, dizzy, and sometimes I'd pass out. (Less blood = less oxygen being carried to the brain, ergo the dizziness and passing out.) But, this problem has now been successfully corrected with the wonder-drug known as birth control. 3 day periods and the best part, no more fainting!

However, before I had to go to the doctor, this is what my dad had to say about all of this:

Mom: "Tom, I'm taking Katelyn to the doctor, then to school."

Dad: "Why does she need to go to the doctor?"

Mom: "I'm getting her birth control."

Dad: "Oh, good. Now I'll sleep better at night."

Me: "Dad, I'm anemic. The birth control isn't for what you're thinking."

Dad: "Still, I'll sleep better at night."

This is coming from the same man that lost his virginity at the age of fourteen. Just keep that in mind. >.<
May 2nd, 2009 at 02:18am