Christian Rock Bands.

Hello.

Just reflecting on things, as I'm sorting out which CDs I'm going to sell, and which I'm going to keep. Then I looked at the majority of the albums in the pile. Then I realized:

Christian rock bands kind of kill my thrill. =/
I don't know why.

Okay, just to not sound sound random, okay, here's what happened yesterday:

I went to Electric Fetus (a CD store in Minneapolis-- usually has all the underground bands and local stuff-- it's the bomb-ish.) and I couldn't find half the CDs on my list. Scratch that--most of the CDs on my list. So I searched around and was all like, "Oh, Attack Attack! I'll just get this because I heard a couple of their songs and they were pretty bomb! s-weet." (I normally just pick up random albums of artists that I've only heard of-- broadens my horizons and such.)

So um, didn't realize that they were a Christian band, but with lyrics like,

"Just think about this now, as we come to an end:
The decisions you have made will come back to haunt you.
And as the story ends and you look to the sky,
This couldn't have happened by chance."


And there's nothing wrong with that; there's this one awesome-ace thing called "freedom of speech", and I respect that, but I'd rather a band with more subtlety. I appreciate how Paramore does it; Take or leave "Hallelujah" (I love that song-- and you can tell I'm not religious at all.) And The Almost is okay (I usually ignore "It's Amazing because it's True" or "Dirty and Left Out") but they were never really my favorite band anyway. Plus, I never cared for Underoath.

I'm really not trying to piss anyone off, I can't be any clearer with that, it just bothers me a little, because I love the sound of some of the bands (again with Attack Attack!), but I just don't flow with the message.

Any thoughts / suggestions? Snide remarks? :D

If not... yeah.

X.x
Infamy.
May 4th, 2009 at 11:12pm