The best part of being a writer.

Personally, I find the best part, is creating a new story. Its my favorite part of it all. I love, making the new characters come to life, all the things that are running through my mind, its just thrilling I guess. I don't think thrilling is the right word, but I'm just going to use that for now. Its like, getting into a really good book. You never want to stop reading it, you lose sleep over this book. And once it ends, your sad. You want more. Its the same for writing stories. You want to keep writing and writing it. But once theres nothing more to write, your sad. But then, you think of something more, a sequel. I love, finishing stories personally. Yes, it makes me sad at first, but I find joy, in finally finishing that story. (personally because I never really finish mine.) When I finished 'We Can't Be Seventeen Forever' I was sad, and happy. I was in awe, that I had finished a story. The last time I had finished a story, it was my very first story, which I cannot find anywhere sadly. There are many versions of it, but I cannot remember the actual version I had given to the site who had posted it.
But anyways, back to the point. Making stories, its...I don't know. Magical I guess. I don't even know if thats the word. Or, maybe like raising a child? You watch the child, grow and grow, and then, that day comes, when they move out, or go to college. Your sad, that they're leaving. But happy knowing you've raised them right so they can go out into the world. Yeah, I guess it is really like raising a child.
May 5th, 2009 at 08:05am