See, this is why you should never like music that's older than your parents...

I'm a woman of fine musical tastes. [/ego]

I love old school psych rock, classic rock, and all the wonderful bands that those genres spawned by grace of God in the early 60's and 70's. While they are great bands, and no music made afterward is good compared to them (in my opinion), it's a sad thing to be their fan. While some are still touring, not all of them are. Most of the bands have either one or all of the member deceased or not talking to each other, making a reunion or tour impossible. So i am stuck with nothing but some old vinyl, and they're wonderful words to guide me through life without ever having the pleasure of seeing them live and in the flesh.

In an attempt to educate some, I have compiled a list of some of my favorite bands (all the most known ones), and listed the current age and/or status of each member (i.e dead, alive, on the fence.) As well as their current status as an active band (and the possibility of them reuniting of not active.)

The Who:
Roger Daltrey: Alive, 65 years-old
Pete Townshend: Alive, 63 years-old
Keith Moon: Deceased (R.I.P)
John Entwistle: Deceased (R.I.P)

Status: Active. Just finished up tour, but still perform for charity events.

Led Zeppelin:
Robert Plant: Alive, 60 years-old
Jimmy Page: Alive, 65 years-old
John Paul Jones: Alive, 63 years-old
John Bonham: Deceased (R.I.P)

Status: Rumors of reunion are looming, but they may have to go one without Robert Plant. Fans are hopeful.

AC/DC:
Bon Scott: Deceased (R.I.P)
Brian Johnson: Alive, 61 years-old
Angus Young: Alive, 54 years-old
Malcolm Young: Alive, 56 years-old
Cliff Williams: Alive, 60 years-old
Phil Rudd: Alive, 55 years-old

Status: Much to my GREAT pleasure, currently on tour! Though Scottish fans are pissed they have no dates in their home country.

Yeah, I got lazy XD

Other bands I need to mention:
The Yardbirds
T.Rex
Jefferson Airplane
Heart
The Beatles
The Doors

I only got three down, but you get my point. There is always the imminent threat of death with these boys, and I'm scared I might not get to experience them before they pass on to the Great Gig in the Sky...
May 7th, 2009 at 04:06am