I'm going to USC!

...for an informational meeting for transfer students because I totally fu*ked up in high school!

Okay, let me back up a second. USC is one of the best private schools in California. They boast a wide range of studies and turn out the kinds of students that will one day run the country. And I plan to be one of them.

But, let me start with how I effed up:
My name is Kennedy, and I am a high school senior. I should be on my way to college (the good ones, like UCLA or UC Berkeley) but no. Little Ken decided that homework was for suckers and in turn flunked a lot of classes, thus giving her a grand graduating GPA of 1.75. For those of you that don't know what that means, it basically translates to "I'm a failure." 1.75 equals roughly a D average and is very shamefully low.

So, in an effort to save myself, I have applied to ELAC, a community college in my state. I am actually a bright student (not to be yanking on my own ego here) but I just don't really apply myself. I can ace tests just fine, and I understand the curriculum just as well as the advanced placement students; but homework was my downfall. See, I don't like it, so I never did it. That lead to me failing classes and thus, failing at life.

But, in an attempt to redeem myself, I have applied to a CC and I intent to transfer to USC my junior year. They have one of the best communication schools in the country, and I want to be a journalist (I'm Editor-In-Chief of my high school paper and have gotten much praise for my writing.)

So, a day before my birthday, I shall attend a meeting for aspiring transfer students so that I may learn what credits I need to take and such. Hopefully, this will motivate me enough to not slack off, and have my dreams of writing for a respectable newspaper come true....

And that, my dears, is the end of my rant...
May 8th, 2009 at 05:17am