Another Tim Minchin dream I had this morning

I dreamt I was at a Tim Minchin gig. It was outside. I spotted Tim so I went up to him, introduced myself and said that this was the first time I had seen him and he stood up and asked why I'd never seen him before and I told him that I only discovered him in October 2008 and he said that was ok then. When I realised he was a bit miffed I told him that I'd written him a poem that had kind of ended up longer than anticipated so I gave it to him and went and sat down with my mum near by.

I then realised I'd forgot to put my contact details somewhere so when Tim wasn't looking my mum stole the poem back and wrote my name and address on it for me. Tim noticed it was gone and looked for us and we explained that I'd forgot to write my contact details on it for him. After they were added I took the poem back to him and he invited me to sit down next to him. I went on to say that I'd forget my head if it wasn't screwed on and he laughed and made a comment of that explains why I like his comedy. He then offered me some of the chocolate cake he was eating and handed me a spare spoon and together we finished it off. Feeling guilty that I had taken the last mouthful I went to see what my mum was up to.

When I found my mum she was sat in a rally car (eh?) with a driver about to set of on a drive and Steph from Neighbours was there (eh?) and asked if I wanted to go too so I waited for the car that my mum was in to leave and I decided to follow it in my power chair to meet it at the start point when it returned. So I set off after the car at 5mph (my chair's top speed) but the ground was bumpy and the rattling caused the components of my steering section on my chair to fall off just as I was passing the table that Tim was sat at.

He asked me where I was going and I told him about the rally car. He then asked if I needed help picking up all the bits that had just fallen off my chair and I said yes. Just as he stood up to help a guy came by walking his dog and the dog bend down and took away one of the pieces in his mouth and Tim and I just looked at each other as if to say "What the hell do we do now?"

I woke up then spent an hour trying and failing to get back into it before I got up.
May 8th, 2009 at 06:22pm