The Class That Girls Should Take

Boys are so dumb.

Girls should take a class about this, They play with your emotions, and your mind.

They make you think little of yourself, and that you aren't good enough for the world.

Guys mess around with your heart, tossing it up in the air, and then; Often, they drop your heart, and it shatters into a million pieces. Because your heart is fragile.

It's like a piece of glass, it's a beautiful piece of glass, like an ornament that goes on a Christmas tree, hanging from a small little string on an unsupportive branch, right on the edge.

When something bumps into the tree, the string slips against the branch, and there goes that pretty glass, falling to the ground, hard. And it shatters.

But even if you glue the pieces back together perfectly, there are still the cracks, permanently embedded into the ball, showing its imperfection.

Girls go through this a million times, but why can't it just stick once?

Is it because we let our guard down?

He is just so perfect, with the way he smiles, and his eyes, and his body, and how he always makes you laugh.

He is so sweet, like how he calls you at two in the morning, waking you from your sleep, and rambles on aimlessly for an hour, and you just lay there in bed, listening to his perfect voice as he talks about his adventures, and how he can't sleep, or how his dream of you played out.

And the songs that he makes you listen to? All of them somehow making you think that you love him.

And we forget.

We forget about the rules that we've learned. Then one day, you don't even see it coming, it just sneaks up on you. And you realize something after it's all over:

Those calls stopped coming.

That song stopped looking sweet.

Your laughs disappeared.

And you change.

Without realization.

Your friends might notice,

unless of course,

they're friends with him too.

There's nothing wrong with that,

it's just,

t h e y. d o n ' t. p a y. a t t e n t i o n. a n y m o r e.

Once everyone that matters

sees that he doesn't want you anymore,

it's too late.
May 11th, 2009 at 03:24am