Her heart gives mine reason to beat.

May 15th, 2008 may have been an ordinary day for lots of people. Maybe some celebrated anniversaries, some celebrated birthdays, and some it was just another day gone by on a calender. But for one very special, very important person in my life, it was the day she underwent a transplant that wound up saving her life.

This is for my darling Court, because I love her so, so much.

I truthfully have no words that can describe to you just how much she means to me. I became friends with her a little over a year ago. I remember the exact day, to be honest. It was May 1st, 2008, when I read one of her journal entries that told all of us that she was dying. She wrote about how she was scared to death because she was facing a transplant soon, and didn’t know if she’d be making it out of there or not.

I found those journals because I read her joint story, Obsession, with Kaitlyn. Her author notes became more and more heartbreaking as the date to her transplant drew closer, and it worried me. I adored her writing and wanted to read more by her, and one random day when heading to her profile to see her story list, I was distracted by her journals and read those instead. I remember sitting on the floor at work, and remember just bawling my eyes out because of this amazing girl, this amazing writer that is talented beyond her years at just 14 years old was in fact, dying. It broke my heart and seemed so unfair that someone so young should have to go through such a thing. I remember messaging her via mibba, and she wrote back the same exact day and since then it’s been non-stop. We started off as simple mibba friends, casual commenters who read each other’s stories. Somewhere between that and months and months of being mibba friends, something amazing happened.

It’s amazing the kinds of things that happen whenever you need a friend the most. I’m not sure if I was there for her a lot when she needed me, but I do know she made at least three very difficult transitions in my life seem like no big deal at all because she was there for me.

I’ve dealt with some absolutely impossible decisions, but she has been there with me through all of it. She has been the most wonderful friend to me, and I am so incredibly thankful for having her in my life. She might be ages away from me, but I don’t feel like she is at all. I am incredibly lucky to have her in my life, as not just a mibba friend or even just a friend. She is a lifesaver, an angel. I am lucky enough to speak with her every single day, in some way shape or form, and if I didn’t, I think I would be completely lost. I need her in my life, she is what keeps me strong and what keeps me going. She is simply one of, if not the most important people in my life -- And don’t even get me started on how much the story that we write together means to me.

She is my best friend, and I adore her more than words could ever, ever say.

One year ago was the day that her transplant saved her life.
Little does she know, it wasn’t the only life that was saved that day. <33

I love you, my darling Court.
Without you is how I disappear.
May 15th, 2009 at 07:16pm